News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello

Can anyone help me with some information, about a beret that I have in my collection. I know allmost nothing about DDR items. Was there any special units, that used these berets? My beret is unused.

All the best

Snoopy

Edited by Snoopy

It MAY be a Para Beret as the older ones used the standard sizing codes. Later ones had sizes 1-4 and an an ajusting string at the back. It's date coded 1981, but I don't recall when they made the switch. It has the diamond sweat shield inside the hat and the side vent holes normally seen in a Para Beret. Does it have a leather head band? Kevin

It MAY be a Para Beret as the older ones used the standard sizing codes. Later ones had sizes 1-4 and an an ajusting string at the back. It's date coded 1981, but I don't recall when they made the switch. It has the diamond sweat shield inside the hat and the side vent holes normally seen in a Para Beret. Does it have a leather head band? Kevin

Hello Kevin

Yes, it has a leather head band. Thank's a lot, for the information, about the beret. It would be nice, if it is a NVA para beret.

All the best

Snoopy

Didn't Enlisted females wear these?

Paul- Similar, but not the same. On a female beret the sweat band is not leather but synthetic, there are no vent holes on the side and no plastic diamond inside the beret with the size and year information. The typical woman's beret would have all of the info in one line inside, like:

NVA 56 1858 P 1 (NVA Size 56, Makers Number 1858, Year 1986, 1st Quarter)

Kevin

Edited by ehrentitle

Ahh... thanks for explaining this to me, Kevin. The only beret I have is an orange paratrooper.

Hello Paul

Would it be possible for you, to post your paratrooper beret. I would very much like to see it.

All the best

Snoopy

Hello Paul

Would it be possible for you, to post your paratrooper beret. I would very much like to see it.

All the best

Snoopy

Here is my officer's para beret:

1464220375_6d3381ff65_o.jpg

and here is my women's beret which I've pinned the para insignia:

1464199935_eede38ec16_o.jpg

Edited by ehrentitle

• 9 months later...
    • 4 months later...

Sorry, this was where I wanted to post my two officer berets.

Again, orange was just for parades and dk. grey for everyday use? That was always my common understanding, but perhaps there is better information out there.

The berets are real...it?s the kids that are fake. They're both in their early twenties. She just took a drag of her Russian cigarette and is contemplating the boredom and hopelessness of East German barracks life. And he has a miserable excuse for a salute.

;)

The berets are real...it?s the kids that are fake. They're both in their early twenties. She just took a drag of her Russian cigarette and is contemplating the boredom and hopelessness of East German barracks life. And he has a miserable excuse for a salute.

It is always the innocent looking ones that make the best spies! :rolleyes: