News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

With about 2,000 awarded (the saxon Rolls are incomplete-- start "fading away" in 1918 but awards continued into 1919 at least) I'd say "rare." :rolleyes:

What is semi-unusual about this one is the lack of a long service award. The Honor Cross X was an oddball "gap filler" award, most often given to senior NCOs who were not allowed to receive an Order, but needed something higher than the silver Friedrich August Medal, but not quite a St. Henry Medal. There were exceptions. This won't ever be traceable to one person, but the LACK of an award here found on most such groups suggests he was in the minority of recipients--

a reserve NCO with no LD2 before the war.

Guest Rick Research

With about 2,000 awarded (the Saxon Rolls are incomplete-- start "fading away" in 1918 but awards continued into 1919 at least) I'd say "rare." :rolleyes:

What is semi-unusual about this one is the lack of a long service award. The Honor Cross X was an oddball "gap filler" award, most often given to senior NCOs who were not allowed to receive an Order, but needed something higher than the silver Friedrich August Medal, but not quite a St. Henry Medal. There were exceptions. This won't ever be traceable to one person, but the LACK of an award here found on most such groups suggests he was in the minority of recipients--

With about 2,000 awarded (the Saxon Rolls are incomplete-- start "fading away" in 1918 but awards continued into 1919 at least) I'd say "rare." :rolleyes:

Dear Rick, I knowe is Off the topic, sorry, But I?m in a hurry, What German Sate bears the motto in their orders. "Per ardua ad astra"???

Thanks

Miguel

Dear Rick, I knowe is Off the topic, sorry, But I?m in a hurry, What German Sate bears the motto in their orders. "Per ardua ad astra"???

Thanks

Miguel

Per ardua ad astra ("Through adversity to the Stars") is the motto of the Royal Air Force and other Commonwealth air forces such as the RAAF, RNZAF, and the former RCAF. It dates from 1912 and was used by the newly-formed Royal Flying Corps. (source : wikipedia)

For german's states, Mecklemburg Schwerin house order device is "Per Aspera ad Astra" (="Through hardships to the stars") (house order of the Wendish crown), who is like-looking...

:cheers:

Edited by pinpon590