News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Not ready Order of National Liberation

Gentlemen,

Lately spotted on internet: not ready Order of National Liberation. Seller says that he bought it in IKOM in 1985.

As we know Order of National Liberation is normally made from two pieces, the star and on top a relief made from patinated silver. Relief is connected to the star using two rivets.

This order is one piece construction, with three round signs on reverse which are made in places where normally two rivets are and screw back.

This signs for holes needed for rivets convinced me that in this particular case it is not a new model for one piece construction.

I think that this is a fake, if you look at details you will see poor quality many irregularities.

Order of National Liberation is expensive; the probability that this order will be fake is very high. This order is not particularly complicated in the production; I think that we will see soon many of new orders with much better quality as this one shown today.

Hello Waldemar

it may be ugly as it is but I would not be very fast with stamping this a "real" fake. It is obvious that it was not made for being atributed that is for sure, but it could (and probably) is a really in IKOM made let's call it probe.

I had in my collection more than 10 pieces of different medals and orders made of completely differnt materials with all kind of quality grades and all of them came out directly and proven from IKOM. In the period when former Yugoslavia broke up many stuff from IKOM's cellar and stores came into peoples hands and was distributed by differnt sellers, ebay etc. .

I would put this order of National Liberation as "essai" and store it in the "CURIOSITIES" part of my collection, if the price is reasonable. But I assume that the seller is a Astrophysician and asks by far too much for this piece. If not, then take it !!!

Best regards

Milan

Gentlemen,

Lately spotted on internet: not ready Order of National Liberation. Seller says that he bought it in IKOM in 1985.

As we know Order of National Liberation is normally made from two pieces, the star and on top a relief made from patinated silver. Relief is connected to the star using two rivets.

This order is one piece construction, with three round signs on reverse which are made in places where normally two rivets are and screw back.

This signs for holes needed for rivets convinced me that in this particular case it is not a new model for one piece construction.

I think that this is a fake, if you look at details you will see poor quality many irregularities.

Order of National Liberation is expensive; the probability that this order will be fake is very high. This order is not particularly complicated in the production; I think that we will see soon many of new orders with much better quality as this one shown today.

Thank you Milan for this very interesting information.

As far I know forgeries of this order appeared on the market in 1990's. Namely, a certain quantity of the inside parts of the order had been found at IKOM, and someone made the false outside parts by casting. So the "semi-forgeries" appeared. Later also appeared the "full forgeries", those which had inside AND outside parts casted.

Could you show us your "CURIOSITIES"?

all the best :cheers:

waldemar

Hello Waldemar

it may be ugly as it is but I would not be very fast with stamping this a "real" fake. It is obvious that it was not made for being atributed that is for sure, but it could (and probably) is a really in IKOM made let's call it probe.

I had in my collection more than 10 pieces of different medals and orders made of completely differnt materials with all kind of quality grades and all of them came out directly and proven from IKOM. In the period when former Yugoslavia broke up many stuff from IKOM's cellar and stores came into peoples hands and was distributed by differnt sellers, ebay etc. .

I would put this order of National Liberation as "essai" and store it in the "CURIOSITIES" part of my collection, if the price is reasonable. But I assume that the seller is a Astrophysician and asks by far too much for this piece. If not, then take it !!!

Best regards

Milan

Orden master, if that could help you I have found a link, but.... PO?URI!! ;)

http://www.bolha.com/oglas3257437

Hello

unfortunately I was not fast enough. I was working and on duty, thus a couple of days OFFLINE :banger::violent: .

Thanks anyway !!

regards

Milan

Orden master, if that could help you I have found a link, but.... PO?URI!! ;)

<a href="http://www.bolha.com/oglas3257437" target="_blank">http://www.bolha.com/oglas3257437</a>

Edited by orden_master

I would trust Orden Master on his testimony about so called "probes", since I've seen a few in my collecting days. On account of my financial status, I will probably never be able to buy the original order of national liberation (but hope stays), so I bougth this probe that you discused about. Must say at a reasonable price - at least for me (80 EUR).