News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Victoria cross winners

• 3 months later...

This one is more for Ed, who may not be aware of the benefits of radio 4:

Here's an interview with the last living Indian army VC winner-good series. I listen whilst perusing gmic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/standateast.shtml

Nice. I was distantly involved in helping friends at the USI-I and UK High Commission in New Delhi get this pieced together.

I have been interviewed by them for a couple of their other shows.

Guest Darrell

Nothing you can use right away, but a real nice compact summary of all engagements where the VC was won. Covers every person that won the VC, the date and details on what they did to earn this award. From 1854 to 2003.

Paper back but a staggering 690 pages.

Nice to see how much is online, Eddie. Thanks for this reminder.

I had thought the familiar regiments.org might have had something, but it seems to be down just now.

There was an article on another forum about regiments.org, they no longer exist but the work that had been carried out on their website was available to download for anyone who was interested, for a limited period, I only know this because I downloaded their website for future use, some good information on there, now sadly no longer available. :(

Geoff