News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello

Emedals site german empire page 5 GEM 381

I was considering this bar for a long time then all the repro red eagles and the bogus noncombat bar !

so now have some $ to buy a bar but can't find anything !!! I still like this bar with meerit cross of the white falcon ! but its on emedals and not sure if its on up and up????

what do you guys think go for it or beware??? with all the faked up bar about now i have been passing on a lot but keep coming back to this one !

so help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello

Emedals site German empire page 5 GEM 381

I was considering this bar for a long time then all the reproduction red eagles and the bogus noncombatant bar !

so now have some $ to buy a bar but can't find anything !!! I still like this bar with merit cross of the white falcon ! but its on emedals and not sure if its on up and up????

what do you guys think go for it or beware??? with all the faked up bar about now i have been passing on a lot but keep coming back to this one !

so help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen Heikos' bars here? I'd look there first. They are top notch and many have traceable linages.

Also, any of Claudios' cast offs are unusually mouth watering.

Why waste your money on something you'll regret later?

If this is the bar I am thinking of, it has been in the collections of a few long time and very knowledgeable collectors. I actually considered it myself, but now I am broke for a while.

Edited by A Collector

Guest Rick Research

I have absolutely NO clue where or what you are referring to. It is generally easiest to post a scan of whatever something is HERE rather than assume that all of us have any idea where some website is where we have never been and never go. :beer:

I have absolutely NO clue where or what you are referring to. It is generally easiest to post a scan of whatever something is HERE rather than assume that all of us have any idea where some website is where we have never been and never go. :beer:

Here is a direct link for those who want to have a look see.

http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GEM381

Here is a photo of the same bar from WAF below. If you will notice, it is now minus the gray retaining thread across the EK II on e-medals. I assume it was very loose and broke or was clipped. Either way, it is a neat little bar...I think.

Edited by A Collector

Bar used to be owned by a Forum member here. He sold off most of his collection due to health issues. If the bar's available, it's well worth having. There will be much wailing, moaning and gnashing of teeth when the pre-war Saxe-Weimar award rolls are published..... let's just say any example of the merit cross to this order, especially one with swords, is something to buy now; if you can actually find one.

Here is a direct link for those who want to have a look see.

<a href="http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GEM381" target="_blank">http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GEM381</a>

Here is a photo of the same bar from WAF below. If you will notice, it is now minus the gray retaining thread across the EK II on e-medals. I assume it was very loose and broke or was clipped. Either way, it is a neat little bar...I think.

ah-that's different. I assumed from your post above that you meant a bar with fake medals on it.

I'd love to own this pictured bar, but it's a bit pricey for me.

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

What organization issued the Red Cross Medal on the medal bar?

I've just gone through the Weimar award Rolls :speechless1: looking for wartime (figuring this couldn't have been a retirement present to somebody with a combatant EK2 and frontline Hindenburg Cross) Silver Merit Crosses to ANY civilian with a Red Cross connection, but didn't find any that were so stated. Most went to school teachers, fire chiefs, and government employees-- most of whom could very well have gotten that Red Cross Medal if it's also from Weimar.

No idea how many of this M1902 Cross without swords were awarded 1902-1913 (I have some partial page continuations for odd sectrions 1911-13), but from 1914-18 there were not quite twice as many as "mit Schwertern."

As my Evil Twin advises, when somebody gets around to doing the CIVIL rolls, there will be much :speechless1: and :banger: and :speechless: from anyone who COULD have snapped one of these up, but didn't. Extrapolating backwards-- low 3-figures, tops. May not look like much, but more than twice as rare as a Blue Max kind of puts the Little Lost Treasures of Imperial awards in perspective. :rolleyes:

...i ordered it still waiting to here back from emedals!

scott :rolleyes:

Scott......promise...........promise that if you do get it you will not perform an autopsy on this one. :o:lol: Seriously, good luck............. BTW......what time did you order it. :ninja: ....... :rolleyes:

(I heard that a certain someone was able to find some cash lying around; they just thought they were tapped out)

with regards to the red cross award

its the Thuringain Red Cross

Th?rigen Landesverein vom Roten Kreuz

its the service medal

I'll have to update my website

as I have it as the wrong class

but need to pull out the research

so this time I remember right

Guest Rick Research

Thanks-- that would pretty much confirm this went to a Weimar native, then. :beer:

I've got the last 3 awards of 1913 starting the top of a page for these on the "native" roll, and all of 1914-18 for them. Of course, it's possible Teacher X got his in 1911 or whenever... so the COMPLETE pre-war Rolls (which do indeedy exist, I just don't have them) needs to be done.

Now if the award rolls for THAT local Red Cross medal are still around (and stranger things have happened... :rolleyes: )

With the phenomenal amount of previously unknown and never published data that the Guild Of Research Gnomes has ALREADY discovered in the last two years and is still publishing.... :catjava:

Small states like Weimar-- even though their specific actual Rolls are a disorganized year-of-award-only MESS-- are certainly "do-able" by anyone willing to obtain the peacetime rolls and then transcribe and publish them.

To reverse paraphrase Tolkien-- much that was lost is now known. :rolleyes: