News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

can somebody tell my something about this cap badge? Scottish regiment?

greeting from Germany

Micheal

Hallo Michaw :cheers:

All I can say is that it is a Scottish Badge from a Regiment in the British Army,

written on it is Highland Cyclists Battalion T. F. ?? (cant make out what is on the bottom right of the badge)

The figure in the center is Saint Andrew, the patron Saint of Scotland,

who was crucified on a X shaped Cross instead of the more normal + Cross.

Will try a search on the net and see what comes up.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

The Highland Cyclist Battalion, a Territorial Force unit formed in 1908 from the 5th Volunteer Battalion of The Black Watch (which started life as the 2nd Administration Battalion of The Perthshire Rifle Volunteers, the senior Corps of which was the 3rd, raised in 1860).

Originally, in 1908, titled The 8th (Cyclist Battalion) The Black Watch (TF) it was redesignated The Highland Cyclist Bn in 1909.

The Cyclst units were disbanded after WWI, the Highland Cyclist Bn becoming a Royal Signals unit in 1920.

This is the white metal badge worn by ranks below sergeant.

Friggin disgusting.... people in skirts, without underwear, riding on bicycles.... is all very well when they are a girls volleyball team going home after practice... but disgusting when it is a hairy bunch of Jocks.

I mean for Gods sakes laddy... can you imagine being the storeroom clerk... having to persuade some new recruit that the bicycle seat just given in by Wee Jock Mactavish after a maraton ride from lands end to Knocandoo is in any fit state to be issued to the new arrivals!!!

Give them trousers.... or take away the bluidy bicycles!

• 3 weeks later...

I mean for Gods sakes laddy... can you imagine being the storeroom clerk... having to persuade some new recruit that the bicycle seat just given in by Wee Jock Mactavish after a maraton ride from lands end to Knocandoo is in any fit state to be issued to the new arrivals!!!

Give them trousers.... or take away the bluidy bicycles!

For someone so keen on research you've let yourself down here... everyone in Scotland knows that wee Jock used to take the top part of the seat off his bike before going anywhere, always prefered the bumpy roads as well :blush:

C