Hi all,

Posting these for a friend, I am not real crazy about the long ribbon bars here, but not my area,

maybe some of you more learned gentlemen might like to comment on their authenticity.

Best wishes

Bob

I should have said that there is a 2 place piece of ribbon in there as well, just added it as it is a bit

unusual, but the ribbon bars I mentioned (there is actually 3 of 'em) with the same backing just look a

bit too 'new' to me, but perhaps they are ok, I am not up to speed on ribbon bars.

Many thanks

Cheers

Bob

The most important thing is to BLACKLIGHT them.

Checked are no problems-- indeed, the naval sew on is quite :love: and easy enough to replace the missing swords.

The long bar I would need good sharp closeups of the Spange and Wehrmacht long service eagles to tell.

The NSDAP 4 which seems to have its pin hanging off into space-- don't know how that can be attached, otherwise looks OK.

The Memel needs to be blacklighted. 98 out of 100 of those always seem to be fake and their white will glow bright electric blue.

The 5 you're off camera with the front so I can't see what is on it.

The nickled tab backs always either look brand new or are corroding to rust scales. Can't judge their real age by how nice they look-- only if the tabs have been bent and rebent (scratches around them) in screwing with things. And BTW... 65 year old tabbvies bent and revent are going to snap right off, guranteed, so they should NEVER be removed to "inspect" underneath.

And again Rick, I am in your debt, many thanks for that, I have passed your comments on to my friend,

and he is quite relieved, he will try the black light and see what happens,

Thanks again

Best wishes

Bob

And here is a ribbon bar with two long service ribbons, one with the 4-Year SS Long Service device, which by the way is upside down if worn in this direction. Is this the correct way to wear this; with the long service ribbons first? If the other way, then the small SS device is on correctly.

Bob

Nice Police set! :love:

What does the reverse of the SS-VT 4 ribbon bar look like? I can't imagine what the blank long service in first place would be, but this sure looks good from the front. Yup, you've shown it correctly, so the tiny device is upside down-- and the wearer never even noticed! :beer:

Durned interesting ribbon bar Bob!!

Rick, you should be sainted, you are am absolute font of knowledge!!

Paul, the bars belong to a friend of mine, so were all picked up from various collectors and

dealers, although I did own the KM sew in bar at one time!

Cheers

The other Bob

Nice Police set! :love:

What does the reverse of the SS-VT 4 ribbon bar look like? I can't imagine what the blank long service in first place would be, but this sure looks good from the front. Yup, you've shown it correctly, so the tiny device is upside down-- and the wearer never even noticed! :beer:

Best guess for the plain blue ribbon would be an 8-year SS long service award without ribbon device mounted ahead of the 4-year long service award. Only one grade of the award was supposed to be worn but there was an example shown on another thread here with the 8-year and 4-year awards worn together, although on that one the 8-year ribbon had a miniature device on it.