News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The History of a Munk?sőr member in a box

On post #10 - this is a document saying that he has reached the age of fifty and therefore has served his time for being called up for the armed forces in the event of WW3. It lists his separation rank (but its hard for me to read) - which was more than likely his rank at the end of his required conscription.

I wish I didnt have a moratroium on buying - that was a great catch! :beer: Its too bad I dont have any more of my Munkasor groups anymore....... :(

On post #10 - this is a document saying that he has reached the age of fifty and therefore has served his time for being called up for the armed forces in the event of WW3. It lists his separation rank (but its hard for me to read) - which was more than likely his rank at the end of his required conscription.

I wish I didnt have a moratroium on buying - that was a great catch! :beer: Its too bad I dont have any more of my Munkasor groups anymore....... :(

Charles,

Thanks for making the correction to post #10. Should have paid more attention to that document!

Jeff,

As for an article, no time these days. I was considering trading this one away but perhaps I won't now! I have a similar gouping of medals but unfortunayely without documents. Documentedsets are getting very hard, if not impossible to find. I wasjust lucky that day and that is why we go tothe Coin and Stamp Show on Tuesdays!

Off now to my vavourite military book shop here in Vienna.

Regards,

Gordon

PS There were two more uncased medals,without documents, in the box that I didnt post in the thead. I'll add themnext week once I get home to Budapest.