News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italian SS German eagle RSI real or fake ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Yes its a Italian SS "foreign volunteer" sleave eagle, done in bevro...i have seen a lot of copies about just never one like this..just wanted confirmation on its originallity especially from those who have similiar bevro badges in there collections.

cheers

steve

Any idea on value??? i have owned it for about ten years ..

cheers

steve

I think you might have a hard time selling this one to a serious collector because none of the BeVo or, rather, BeVo-style Italian SS arm eagles that have cropped up on the market from time to time are accepted as period pieces. That said, the Italien cuff title of which only a handful of examples with provenance are known was of BeVo-style construction and made in Italy so it is not beyond belief that an Italian firm tendering for the contract to supply these insignia might have tooled up and produced a roll for evaluation purposes. However, the Italian SS Legion wore embroidered arm eagles, made in the Italian style. both on red and black backing. There are no period photographs showing anything like this in wear.

PK

I think you might have a hard time selling this one to a serious collector because none of the BeVo or, rather, BeVo-style Italian SS arm eagles that have cropped up on the market from time to time are accepted as period pieces. That said, the Italien cuff title of which only a handful of examples with provenance are known was of BeVo-style construction and made in Italy so it is not beyond belief that an Italian firm tendering for the contract to supply these insignia might have tooled up and produced a roll for evaluation purposes. However, the Italian SS Legion wore embroidered arm eagles, made in the Italian style. both on red and black backing. There are no period photographs showing anything like this in wear.

PK

Hello!

I agree.

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

• 9 months later...