News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italian Kit

John

Guest Atilla Jones

I've been around this game for longer than I'd like to admit, & can't actually recall seeing an Italian helmet ! I guess they must be pretty rare, I suppose our forces , apart from those serving in Africa, had little contact with the Italian army. Like everything else, just 'cos it's rare don't mean it's worth a lot. I do like their flying qualification badges, but guess what ? They are heavily faked.

I've seen a few around, but never bothered to ask. The main interest always seems to be German, but I don't touch it, as it's too heavily faked, and I'm no expert.
    I've no idea what to pay for an Italian helmet. though.

• 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Check this place out, no helmets but it has some tunics and other related stuff. Priced in US$

www.germanmilitaria.com

It's in Fredricton, New Brunswick, Canada. The proprietor Peter Whamond iis a good guy and honest. I have bought lots from there and never had a problem. I am not sure what the GBP exchange rate to the US$ is, if it's anything like the Cdn$ to the GBP (approx $2.6 to GBP). you guys could get a good deal wink.gif

• 5 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

For my first post here, i would like to show pictures of my Italian helmet. It looks to be an airforce helmet that was the repainted and used by the Spanish.

This is the side.

Edited by Mossy

Guest bil44

And finally, the liner.

Thanks for looking.

Mossy.

nice lid! you're correct in that the Spanish used these helmets after the Civil war, also by Franco's personal guard.

Bill

Hello all,I am a new member here.I would like to make an observation on these ww2 Italian helmets.I have one with about 70% paint with an excellent liner and chinstrap. I gave $40 US for it.The prices on these helmets are still very low and I would recommend anyone who has an interest in helmets pick one up now. I can't see these prices lasting much longer,they can't possibly go anywhere but up.

Regards,Jim P

Edited by Jim P