News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Civil Valour and Merit

Thought I would celebraty the new sub forum with a new thread :cheeky:

Order of Civikl Valour and Merit was instituted 4th August 1966

It comes in three classes , I, II and III the first class has agolden Lion with golden rays round it, the II class has only tje lion gilded and the third class

has everything in silver.

This order was awarded for valour exhibited in rescuing human lives, salvaging property (!) and in combating crime.

This order is not one of the more common ones and only 2359 pieces was awarded and that is for all three classes.

A very nice and well constructed Order

Here is a Class I with document and late plastic box.

Christer

Yes - Dragomir Hristov Trichkov

I think it was a stupid idea, those documents would be "valid without photo". They make a special place for a photo and then go further to specially point it is valid without photo... The comrades should be not so lazy and go and make photos, I think it was going to be more fun seeing faces behind the awards... but anyway, it is the way it is - valid even without photo :cheers:

Edited by Theodor

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Nice lion! It looks like it escaped from a circus-- not the old scrawny one with 2 :speechless: tails!!!!

Hi Megan,

I love your website, it helped me a lot whenever i found something unknown :cheers:

Feel free to use my pictures on your site if you want them and if they are good enough. I will in that case take a better photo of the first class also. And if you want pics of any other Bulgarian medal/orders just let me know.

Have a nice weekend

Christer

Thank you very much, Christer - I certainly shall make use of your most generous offer. Any Bulgarian images you are willing to share will be received with pleasure!

Please may I have your full name (by PM if you prefer) so that your contribution can be acknowledged properly.

Guest Rick Research

Ah, MUCH better! I was just going to ask if the white star under the lion was enamelled in the rays or was cut out all the way so the big star shows through-- and now it is clear that it IS cut out all the way to the lower star. :cheers:

This is a very good design.