News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cased .800 '14 EK1

Another goodie from your collection-the "CD800" is a dream(notice the standing hinge),but the case....the case(unfortunatelly in bad shape) is a dream! One of the few real good private purchased patriotic ones! Well done...........

Micha

• 8 months later...

i'm not sure if i'm supposed to revive old topics.

But the inscription of the case got me intrigued.

How can you buy a bravery medal to commemorate.

I mean, ?that does not sound like it is sold a s a replacement to a veteran. It sounds like the target customer was just about anyone really, looking for a nice WWI souvenir.

i'm not sure if i'm supposed to revive old topics.

it's perfectly fine to revive old topics--that's why we keep them around! :D

this inscription was a common contemporary catchphrase at the time. it can be found on a wide variety of artifacts ranging from photo albums, drinking vessels, and a wide variety of iron cross-related items.

it's perfectly fine to revive old topics--that's why we keep them around! :D

this inscription was a common contemporary catchphrase at the time. it can be found on a wide variety of artifacts ranging from photo albums, drinking vessels, and a wide variety of iron cross-related items.

Well that's exactly my point really. The inscription makes it sound like a patriotic souvenir, not like it is a replacement.?

If this is the case (and it would explain why just about any kind of shop could offer them), it sort of devaluates the interwar pieces.

Comments&opinions?

(glad reviving old topics isn't against etiquette :-) ? )

First-my statement "CD 800" is obviously wrong! It's the "800" series of the CD family! To the "souvenier-this Ek is a private purchased one!the case is a patriotic one. I think that everyone could have bought this patriotic cases at the jeweler shops-together with this iron cross.I don't know how the rules for these purchases has been those days,but I think that you had to bring your Soldbuch or something like that to show that you've been awarded with the medal you wanted to buy........pure speculation by me!

Micha