News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Romanian Collection

Hi all,

Well, the "start" :jumping::jumping: of my Romanian collection (knock on wood)! :P Other than my few Imperial pieces this is the only Romanian communist period piece I've managed to acquire. I've wanted one of these almost since I started collecting Soviet and Warsaw Pac. They always seem to allude me though. But finally managed to get one. Pics are the sellers Ken Martin (joeysplace76 on Ebay) and used with his very kind permission. :beer:

To quote Ed from one of his posts it's an: Order of Labor, 3rd class, 1948-65 variety, "RPR" / Ordinul Muncii, 3rd class, 1948-65 variety, "RPR"

After checking out other examples of this Order here on GMIC and on the web I have a feeling that the ribbon bar included with it is incorrect. If someone could confirm this it would be appreciated. And if so if anyone knows where I might be able to get the proper ribbon for it I'd deeply appreciate it. Also if it's incorrect does anyone have an idea what the ribbon is (country, award)?

Many thanks! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptman

Good luck Dan with your collection.

After checking out other examples of this Order here on GMIC and on the web I have a feeling that the ribbon bar included with it is incorrect. If someone could confirm this it would be appreciated.

The ribbon bar for this order and class was yellow with three thin red stripes in the centre plus two on the edges (one on each side).

Good luck Dan with your collection.

The ribbon bar for this order and class was yellow with three thin red stripes in the centre plus two on the edges (one on each side).

Many thanks! :beer: On the ribbon, I suspected as much. Will have to be on the lookout for the correct one. :unsure:

Guest Rick Research

Uh oh. Another addiction. :rolleyes:

I've decided to stick with "RPR" (with some exceptions) because the QUALITY of the awards and desgns is much nicer than the "RSR" awards.

well, I'm a romanian and I'm quite haoopy that you find the romanian medals atractive.

I have many romanian medals in 2 pieces. If you want, we can make an exchange. I want to start a foreign collection.

Tell me your opinion.

Dan (yes...my name is Dan too) :D

Medaille for Treue Dienste in der Zollverwaltung der DDR (Medal for Long Service in Customs - 15 Years)

DDR.

Well, definitely a bonus then. Assuming I can obtain the correct ribbon bar at some point then all I need to do is get the DDR 15 year customs medal and I've got the proper ribbon bar for it. :jumping::jumping:

Again many thanks!!!! :beer:

Uh oh. Another addiction. :rolleyes:

I've decided to stick with "RPR" (with some exceptions) because the QUALITY of the awards and desgns is much nicer than the "RSR" awards.

Re: another addiction, you can say that again Rick! :speechless: Just what I need... yet another area to jump into. But I'm thinking it'll take me a good while as this one took me about fifteen years or so.

Re: the quality... I was extremely impressed. Multipiece construction and rather hefty. Nice enamel... good finish on the metals. Definitely well made. And the case is none too shabby either. :jumping::jumping:

well, I'm a romanian and I'm quite haoopy that you find the romanian medals atractive.

I have many romanian medals in 2 pieces. If you want, we can make an exchange. I want to start a foreign collection.

Tell me your opinion.

Dan (yes...my name is Dan too) :D

Hi Dan,

Sorry it took me a bit to get back with you. Just been up to my ears with work and projects here at home that I've had to put off for far too long.

Not sure what I'd have to trade as I've pretty much pared down all my extras and such over time. But let me know what you're interested in trying to collect and perhaps we can try to work something out. Would love to know what you have as well. Will PM my email if you'd like to send me a list/pics.

Thanks! :beer: