News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Prussian Black Eagle Order mini barrette - ID request

Dear All.

I have notished that alot of you have sharp brains and access to sources than I don't. I have had this miniature barrette for many years and have often wondered if it could be attributed as the Orders seems both unique and rare.

There's a ...

1. Preussia: Balck Eagle Order

2. Preussia: Red Eagle Order

3. Bavaria: Order of Hubertus

4. Baden: Order of Fidelitas

It's all gold with original ribbons wowen together. It's most likely from the first quarter of the 18th century.

If anybody would be willing to spend his summer vacation it would be highly aprreciated.

Regards, Lars

Guest Rick Research

I'd say more likely circa 1830-- after the Napoleonic wars, anyway.

Definitely a person with a royal title, so Prince von Etwas-or-Other. :cheers:

One problem with these little jewels is that the same person may have had 5 (or 30 :catjava: ) different combinations depending on the social situation. Absence of OTHER awards here may simply be that he had the refined sense of style that thought FOUR looked great on his lapel, and didn't bother with campaign medals or the lesser states' awards (unless he was passing through THEIR territories :rolleyes: )

Given the length of time this style barrette was popular and the number of Exalted Personages who had each others' dynastic Orders, my feeling is it would not be possible to identify a specific person for this tiny :love: treasure.

• saschaw changed the title to A Prussian Black Eagle Order mini barrette - ID request