News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

:jumping:

I won this ribbon bar today, what do you think about it?

EK II NC 1870?- Preuss War Aid ( or KR O ?? ) - RA O ? - 1870 NC - LS - 1897

or is it EK II NC 1914 - War Aid - Hamburg - Ehrenkreuz f?r Witwen - LS - 1897 ???

as the seller claims ?

I just love NC ribbon bars :love:

Christer

:jumping:

I won this ribbon bar today, what do you think about it?

EK II NC 1870?- Preuss War Aid ( or KR O ?? ) - RA O ? - 1870 NC - LS - 1897

or is it EK II NC 1914 - War Aid - Hamburg - Ehrenkreuz f?r Witwen - LS - 1897 ???

as the seller claims ?

I just love NC ribbon bars :love:

Christer

I don't agree with the seller that this would be a 1914 NC EK with a Widows/Next of Kin Honor Cross.

Guest Rick Research

It's a classic wartime flat "popsicle stick" ribbon bar, but that backing has been so obviously and clumsily resewn that I suggest you examine the ribbons very carefully when it arrives to make sure it hasn't all been put together on an old backiing. That messily loosely sewn red backing is really nasty.

The most logical suggest, if all is unmessed with would be:

1) Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914 noncombatant ribbon

2) Prussian WW1 War Effort Cross

3) Hamburg Hanseatic Cross (roll exists but not dealt with yet)

4) 1870-71 War Medal for a frontline noncombatant

5) some grade of Prussian long service award (could be ANY of them)

6) 1897 Centenary Medal

With those identifications, #4 explains #s 1 and 2, and #6 as belonging to somebody almost 70 called out of retirement or a very very old Beamter.

With no other medal bar grade ribbons, this could be anything from an old ex-NCO, to a stay-at home General whose peacetime Orders had moved up to his neck. :beer:

I like the bar, but not the loose backing.

• 4 weeks later...

:cheeky:

Non Combat ribbon bar has arrived !

And it really looks and feels good, it feels OLD by age opposite to the Austrian OLD by oil or dirt treatment :rolleyes:

I hope the Pics are good enough, its tough to get good pics with art light :unsure:

You can see how the Long service ribbon has been bleached by sun during many years, the real colour is behind the 1870 medal .

Christer

Guest Rick Research

I think the "saggy" revrese backing-- which looks loose at the pin hinge end-- explains that.

Somebody :speechless: with Little Monkey Fingers :banger: just could not STAND the slight overlap on the ribbons (a common effect from drying and shrinking with age) and they-- quite recently-- PUSHED the ribbons around spreading them out.

No other problems.