News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Wanted to pop this in here as I'm watching a show on the Science Channel which will repeat later at 2:00 to 3:00 a.m. (Central Standard Time). It's called Tank on the Moon... about the space race and in particular the Soviet Lunakod that landed on the moon. During the program at least one of the scientists I've seen who was involved in that program was wearing his Russian Federation Awards. I felt it might be of interest to our members who collect Soviet and post Soviet awards to watch this program. I'm familiar with the Order on the mans left side but not the two on the right. Hoping someone can ID them.

Dan :cheers:

iv seen that before and good documentary! havent a clue about the russian fed awards though!!! :rolleyes::beer:

Hi Paddy,

Definitely! I can't wait till my son comes down and watches it with me along with the one on the Chinese space race. And actually I need to watch the beginning of it as I came into it about three quarters of the way through. Very good program though. And I caught a few more examples of awards being worn. So hoping next time it's on more folks catch it and perhaps some can figure them out. Would be nice to know.

I'll have to see if I can figure out how to do some screen caps and post the awards as well.

Also as a side note... many thanks for working things out on the OoF. :beer: Been dying for one for years and although a copy she's a beaut! :love: Can't wait till she arrives and I see her in person. :jumping::jumping:

no worries on th OoF!im kinda moving on my non combat orders so although i really did love it,it was abit out of place surrounded by red stars PWs and my nevsky and lenin!!! :D but i got a nice few ribbon bars of noor for it,so everyone got a great deal!!hope you enjoy it as much as i did! and was that doc on the history channel? if so id say it will be repeated no worries!! :beer:

Edited by paddywhack

no worries on th OoF!im kinda moving on my non combat orders so although i really did love it,it was abit out of place surrounded by red stars PWs and my nevsky and lenin!!! :D but i got a nice few ribbon bars of noor for it,so everyone got a great deal!!hope you enjoy it as much as i did! and was that doc on the history channel? if so id say it will be repeated no worries!! :beer:

The best thing about trading in my experience. The vast majority of time everybody comes out happy. With money, whoever gets the little pieces of paper always kinda feels like they gave up their beloved goodie and got just that... little pieces of paper... which somehow just don't look nearly as good most of the time. :P Very glad this one worked out across the board. And I promise... I'll give her a very good home and lots of love. :D:beer:

As far as the doc, it was on the Science Channel but they also tend to repeat things as well. So I know it'll turn up again. If I happen to spot it in advance next time I'll let everybody know... so stay tuned as they say. :lol: