News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Ah, I like that 3rd one!!!! :love::jumping:

Second one is just made out of parts-- combination and the way they are mounted makes no sense.

Bottom one is also not regulation, but looks like it was made and worn that way-- the guy has no 1968 jubilee but has a 1975.

I belive that the second one is good. Veteran built his bar himself and added For The Rescue Of The Drowning medal ribbon between the commemoration medals, when he got it.

I never buy this type pin back bars from ebay, etc. Also this bar came directly from family via fellow collector.

Owner was Sgt. Helmut Vilu. Service in 8th Estonian Rifle Corps (Order of Glory, Order of the Great Patriotic War, For Bravery medal). For The Rescue Of The Drowning medal he got 1975.

I will get more his pictures scanned (hopefully as well picture wearing this ribbon bar), but at the moment I can just show his sport booklet.

Yeah, third one is gem!!! I got it with the other bars and didn't check it so carefully out but when parcel arrived, its looked like nice original piece and most interesting civil combination what I have. What the owner did to get those awards makes me wonderrolleyes.gif ?

• 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...

My question remains the same... what period this ribbon bar would be? Is here any similar ones?

To me its looks like pretty old type bar. Maybe even from war period? It is surelly one of my favorite Soviet bars what I picked up from bargain box around 2 euro.2014.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My question remains the same... what period this ribbon bar would be? Is here any similar ones?

To me its looks like pretty old type bar. Maybe even from war period? It is surelly one of my favorite Soviet bars what I picked up from bargain box around 2 euro.2014.gif

Nice price!!

I'd guess 50s or maybe even 60s. I've not seen a WW2-era bar with the plastic covering on it. They are usually the thin ribbons with the thin metal back plate.

Thanks Eric for your answer!cheers.gif

No, it is not plastic cover bar like you know from 60s. I have few of them and this one is nothing similar.

I will try to make better close up photos over the weekend.

All the best,

Timo aka Noor

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...