News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tarnished DKiG 20

Hi gents ...I just got it in today, it shows it's age but I'm really happy with it. Thought I'd share it with you :D

For some reason , I can't load the pictures ..I'll try again later

thanks --Mike

Edited by Mike

I'd like to add (hopefully not stirring too much controversy in the process) that while I have always understood the significance of the DK in the hierarchy of WW2 German awards..... I have always found these to be butt-ugly, clunky things.

I respect the other feelings/opinions and the guys who like/collect these puppies.... but man, these are nasty looking to me! :o

I'd like to add (hopefully not stirring too much controversy in the process) that while I have always understood the significance of the DK in the hierarchy of WW2 German awards..... I have always found these to be butt-ugly, clunky things.

I respect the other feelings/opinions and the guys who like/collect these puppies.... but man, these are nasty looking to me! :o

Hi Stogieman , The funny thing is , years ago I felt the same way UNTIL ..I owned one and saw the detail,construction and delicate quality they have. A lot more involved than making most awards.

BTW ..I'm orig from Worcester ..where are you in Mass?

hey Mike, I'm in Ware...... head west on 9 and don't blink or you'll miss the whole "town"!

(OK, OK, no where?, Ware? jokes!)

:P

I know ..it's :off topic: but ...nice meeting you via the UK ! My family has a Restaurant a few towns away from you ..The Castle ...small world huh?

My Dad owned a Shell station in Ware back in the 70's

Guest hawkeye

Nice light zimmerman, Mike! I too like the DKiG, depsite it being an awkward piece. I think you achieve inner peace when you have one of every maker, so keep going!

Nice light zimmerman, Mike! I too like the DKiG, depsite it being an awkward piece. I think you achieve inner peace when you have one of every maker, so keep going!

It would have been so much easier to complete all the makers 30 years ago ...now it will take spending money to make up for that lost time ! Oh well ..I'll worry about that when the next DK's in my sights.

One thing though ...For some reason I always thought that most of the cloth DK's used the same wreath as the 20's and 134's ..the wreath on my cloth DK does not match them . The date is comp diff. Have any of you run into an assortment of wreaths used on the cloth versions.

Thank you for sharing your DKs. Are they really as heavy as they look? I bet there were a lot lost in the field.

Although the gold version is considered most desireable, I feel the silver grade is awesome!

Paul

Thank you for sharing your DKs. Are they really as heavy as they look? I bet there were a lot lost in the field.

Although the gold version is considered most desireable, I feel the silver grade is awesome!

Paul

Hi Paul , It's not that heavy but ..if you had to wear it all day long, you'd know it was there that's for sure . The 2 I have are lighter versions , there are heavier models out there . Someday I'd love to have a Silver .There were less Silver DK's awarded so they are a little harder to find and higher priced.

Very nice DK's Mike :love: ,I also have a light Zimmermann that is quite tarnished(especially on the silver disc)

I wouldn't mind an example of each maker but my wallet won't let me :(

Dave

I agree Dave ..and it's not getting any cheaper .I think we have one of the few hobbies that forces us to invest ..sort of like being driven to buy stocks and bonds rather than dinner :speechless: history fever!

The good thing is ...the money will always be there and belong to us (when/if we sell the item) and the item will still always belong to History it's a win win

Edited by Mike