News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have not been posting as I have had nothing significant to report. No new toys or ones bought from the forum so nothing new to you. I have not been out hunting for items for a while and thought it was about time. I think I did OK. No Generals ribbon bars but a bunch of stuff. I could have brought home a car load but I have to stay somewhat focused. I say focused in a very loose manner as you will see.

This is the first sword I ever bought! It was tagged as an Imperial German NCO sword. I have just started to look into it but this one will be impossible for me to figure out. It seems this pattern was made from WW1 through early WW2 and only the sword knot (missing) can determine if it is officer or NCO. I would guess by condition that this is an early TR piece. It is a Herder. The blade is nice and the scabbard is a little rusty with no dents. The perfect wall hanger for me!

Typically I HATE glassware as it takes up space that could be filled by militaria. My wife likes glass items. I actually crossed to the dark side to buy a piece. It is made to look like a WW2 Army hat. Pretty cool to display small stuff in.

Edited by CRBeery

How many of these are there? This could be collection if I let it! :speechless:

1000's of the BB Books I am trying to get them to for my collection: You have some very nice items here :cheers:

Lorenzo

Oh man, have you ever struck gold with me.

Never again will I be confused and disoriented. From this moment on I'm ... loosely focused.

I owe you!

Chuck

Don't get annoyed if you forget where you put whatever it is you're looking for or why on earth you bought that, it comes with the package when you are loosely focused and it's fun.

Right Chet?

Edited by Tony

Here is the WW1 medal. Some guy had a bunch of old expensive lamps and this. He charged me $12! This is why I like to hunt stuff rather than paying top dollar from a military dealer.

Good show Eric.

Edited by CRBeery

Tony,

G'day mate! You are right, I do have a lot of fun and I learn a lot by collecting this way. I do end up with some strange stuff but I try to stick to medals and associated items. I have a couple of small boxes of stuff that I have not sorted into the appropriate piles to be put away. I will post yesterdays finds in a little while on a new thread.

There are many items that lead to more research and I like to learn about the items. The Purple Heart came in a box with no writing on it and it has these funny little numbers on the side that everyone likes. :speechless1:

Tony,

G'day mate! You are right, I do have a lot of fun and I learn a lot by collecting this way. I do end up with some strange stuff but I try to stick to medals and associated items. I have a couple of small boxes of stuff that I have not sorted into the appropriate piles to be put away. I will post yesterdays finds in a little while on a new thread.

That is a very awesome deal for $12.00 :cheers:

Lorenzo

Before anyone gets too excited; the blood order is a fake I bought whitin my first month of collecting and it had a lifetime warranty. When I took it back the old guy had died! I guess he held up his side of the bargain. It was $50 mistake but I love the story and laugh when I find that piece laying somewhere.

Here is a shelf in my bookcase - can you tell what I collect? I can't. :speechless:

Before anyone gets too excited; the blood order is a fake I bought whitin my first month of collecting and it had a lifetime warranty. When I took it back the old guy had died! I guess he held up his side of the bargain. It was $50 mistake but I love the story and laugh when I find that piece laying somewhere.

Here is a shelf in my bookcase - can you tell what I collect? I can't. :speechless:

Very Nice ODM :cheers:

Lorenzo

Here is the box at the bottom of that last photo. It has US medals and ribbon bars in it. There were even some of the reservist crosses in it from the front plate of picklehauben in it. All I am saying is that you can really get off track if you do not have a focus. Maybe someday I will find someone who wants to trade all of this for an Imperial German medal bar. More likely my wife will sell it at a garage sale when I am gone.

Edited by CRBeery

Chet,

I have everything packed away in the cellar back in Germany. I've only bought a few Commonwealth bits and pieces (trios/pairs/plaques/photos/SWBs/wound stripes and a fantastic stereographoscope for my stereoviews) since moving and keep them upstairs in shoe boxes. Apart from the graphoscope as it's quite large.

Tony

Edited by Tony

I thought getting my collections into boxes was organizing them.

The truth for me is that I have started to sell the majority of my collectibles, at least in part because I can't bear the thought of them at garage sales.

One benefit of boxes and sales is that I have had time to get into my papers and photos. I hadn't realized just how much I had. So many, in fact, that I have built a website just for them. I've already got more than 200 up and I'm still not ready to open for viewing. I may end up with as many as 1,000 items -- photos, documents, uniform sketches -- before I'm done.

So much to do, so little time.

Chuck