News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

East German Cloth

Well as Paul asked, and never one to turn down to oppertunity to show my stuff, here's my bit's of East Germany.

A single board for an Obrestleutnant, from what I have been told in subdued feild colors, I don't know what branch of service though.

Edited by Laurence Strong

Now as most of the NVA could have passed for TR, I am going to assume that waffenfarbe stayed the same, if I am wrong could someone set me staight. Ok green is for the Grenztruppen, this works out better as will be seen in a couple of minutes.

Edited by Laurence Strong

Now as most of the NVA could have passed for TR, I am going to assume that waffenfarbe stayed the same, if I am wrong could someone set me staight. So either a pair of Jgr or PzGdr for a Unterfeldwebel

That is mostly correct. Here are the East German waffenfarbe colors for the military:

Red/ Arty

Green/ All Border Guard

Dark Green/ Rear Services(medical, supply, etc)

Yellow/ Signals

White/ Infantry

Black/ Pioneer

Pink/ Panzer

Olive/ Bausoldat(consiencous objectors... manuel labor)

Orange/ Fallschirmjager(under the control of the Army)

Grey/ Air Defence(under the Air Force)

Lt Blue/ All Air Force

Purple/ Civil Defence

Dark Blue(NAVY BLUE)/Naval Forces

Maroon/wine red/ Stassi(secret police)

Of course the police had their own colors for each branch.

Laurence... I did not mean to break up your thread...

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

Now as most of the NVA could have passed for TR, I am going to assume that waffenfarbe stayed the same, if I am wrong could someone set me staight. So either a pair of Jgr or PzGdr for a Unterfeldwebel

Laurence - Here are some of the East German NVA branch colors off the top of my head. Kevin

Green - Border Guard

White - Infantry

Pink - Armor

Black - Engineers

Hunter Green - Rear Services

Gray - Air Defense

Light Blue - Air Force

Dark Blue - Navy

Red - Artillery

Blood Red - Stazi

Yellow - Signal

Orange - Para

Olive Green - Construction Soldiers

Thanks for the help guys :beer: Green as grenztruppen works better for me anyways

Nice items Laurence...

The funny thing is that there was once a time when GrossDeutchland cuff titles were as inexpensive as these Grenztruppen titles are today!

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for posting these boards! I am a real sucker for waffenfarbe :cheeky: I am curious as to why they decided to combine all of the rear service jobs under one waffenfarbe. I love to see medical as a cornflower blue instead of a pine green... like all of the people in supply and administatraion.

Paul

Berlin, which is where I purchase most of my EG stuff from, it's cheaper on the flea markets and flights over there cost less than for me to travel to London by train (81 miles)

It came from a dealer in Berlin, he had several of them, along with other odd items, such as laundry tags and all sorts. He bought job lots of EG gear when the wall came down, he still has most of it in his cellar........he hoards rather than sells, it's a guy called Nico on the WAF.

Thats all I recall of what he said now, I'll e mail him for an full explanation and get back to you Paul.

Laurence - Love this thread, I'm a sucker for East German shoulder boards. I too have had a problem in the past identifying Stasi from Artillery SBs. But I have enough of them now that I can do a side by side comparison. Although it is still hard to pick them out on on-line auctions. Sometimes have that problem with Signal and Para because of the low quality photos some sellers use. If anyone is up for some trading I have lots of police, some Stasi and Army SBs to trade. Kevin

• 3 weeks later...