News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thank you Christophe,

That was quick. It's my first imperial bar so I had problems identifying that ribbon, the colours on the WEB reference was so far of I couldn't even have guessed.

Regards

Edited by PeterL

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Rick!

I got myself a second Imperila bar, EK2 + ? + Hindenburg. Could the second bar be the Baden

Milit?rischer Karl-Friedrich-Verdienstorden - Ritterkreuz and Milit?rische Karl-Friedrich-Verdienstmedaille gold or silver?

Peter

Probably the silver medal as over 170,000 were awarded in 1914-18. It was the fifth or sixth most common German medal of the war (Iron cross 2nd=@ 5 million., KvK=@450,000, Bav. MMCs @ 385,000, Saxon FAMs. est. @ 300,000, Wurt. bravery @ 201,000, Baden silver medal=@170,000)

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

Without any device that is the war ribbon for the silver Merit Medal as given to most enlisted ranks during the World War:

It will occasionally be found--incorrectly--with a round silver wreath.

The wartime gold medals had a round gold wreath, while the MKFVO had a green enamelled wreath device:

Thank you Ulsterman and Rick

Quick again. Now i lernt something new today too so it's not a wasted day. I figured it was common, i paid just $3.50 and it was to cheap to let go, I got a Hindy button rose for $0,90 as well at the same time! :)

Regards

It will occasionally be found--incorrectly--with a round silver wreath.

Sure about that? Never seen before - usually the silver wreath indicates the silver Karl Friedrich medal.

You're knight's bar is absolutely

:love: :love: :love:

• 2 months later...