News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet & Eastern Block Quiz

• Replies 2.1k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Christian,

None of them... :(

Now, you all have enough hints to find. The best way to proceed would be to get the complete list of the 163, and you should find... :rolleyes: This list exists, and has been published... I have it !! But where ? Mystery... :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ch.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Maybe because the soviets expected German guns to have a better anti-tank capability and of a larger caliber than the really were in 1941?

Bert

Hi Bert,

I think you posted this message in the wrong section... :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ch.

No one to try ?....

Question #140

Let's stay with the Order of the Red Banner of Labour of the RSFSR...

This Order has been created in 1920 to honour citizens, enterprises, organizations, united and autonomous republics, krais, oblasts, autonomous oblasts, regions, cities... for significant accomplshment in industry, science, art, culture, literature, education, social, healthcare and other spheres of labour activity.

163 of these Orders have been awarded between 25 April 1921 and 21 January 1933 (even after the Order of Red Banner of Labour of the USSR existed !!).

Amongst these 163, 120 have been awarded to individuals (citizens) and 43 to organisations (the ones mentioned above).

One of these organisations has been awarded a rather unique combination of awards (in chronological order) :

* Order of the Red Banner of Labour of the RSFSR

* Order of the Red Banner

* Order of Lenin

* Order of the October Revolution.

I have taken this pic when I have been received for the first time in this organisation a few months ago.

Questions :

1. What organisation are these Orders belonging to ?

2. What is its mission ? Where is it located (exact location)?

3. What is the SN and awarding date of its Order of Red Banner of Labour of the RSFSR ? And for which reason ?

Bonus : what are the dates of awarding of its other Orders ?

The first one to correctly answer the 3 questions is the winner...

Good hunt and good luck... :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ch.

So, in my absence, no one to try ?

If no progress, I will post an additional clue tonight.

Good hunt!!!!! :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ch.

Let's recap where we are with this Question #140 :

Question #140

Let's stay with the Order of the Red Banner of Labour of the RSFSR...

This Order has been created in 1920 to honour citizens, enterprises, organizations, united and autonomous republics, krais, oblasts, autonomous oblasts, regions, cities... for significant accomplshment in industry, science, art, culture, literature, education, social, healthcare and other spheres of labour activity.

163 of these Orders have been awarded between 25 April 1921 and 21 January 1933 (even after the Order of Red Banner of Labour of the USSR existed !!).

Amongst these 163, 120 have been awarded to individuals (citizens) and 43 to organisations (the ones mentioned above).

One of these organisations has been awarded a rather unique combination of awards (in chronological order) :

* Order of the Red Banner of Labour of the RSFSR

* Order of the Red Banner

* Order of Lenin

* Order of the October Revolution.

I have taken this pic when I have been received for the first time in this organisation a few months ago.

Questions :

1. What organisation are these Orders belonging to ?

2. What is its mission ? Where is it located (exact location)?

3. What is the SN and awarding date of its Order of Red Banner of Labour of the RSFSR ? And for which reason ?

Bonus : what are the dates of awarding of its other Orders ?

The additional clues are the following :

A : Only 10 Red Banner of the RSFSR have been awarded to organisations after the mystery one.

B : Gagarin was used to go there...

C : Look at the picture below...

The first one to correctly answer the 3 questions is the winner...

Good hunt and good luck... :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ch.

Zhukovsky Air Force Engineering Academy :unsure::unsure::jumping:

Dear Christophe,

right answer :unsure: ?

Zhukovskyi Air Force Engineering Academy (Военно-воздушная инженерная академия имени профессора Н. Е. Жуковского) named after Nikolai Yegorovich Zhukovsky was founded in 1920 in Moscow to train engineers for the Soviet Air Force as well as lecturers and scientists. It still exists in Russian Federation.

The Zhukovsky Military Air Engineering Academy is located in Moscow, on Leningrad Prospekt immediately across from Central Airfield. Course length is five years. In addition to being an institution of higher learning, it also is a scientific center for working out problems in the areas of aviation technology, its technical exploitation, and combat utilization.

Nikolai Yegorovich Zhukovsky:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Yegorovich_Zhukovsky

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: I have the Academy-Badge in my collection :D .

Edited by Christian Zulus

Hi Christian,

You're close, but it is not the Zhukovskyi Air Force Engineering Academy... :rolleyes:

I have even not this Academy in the list of the 163 Orders of the Red Banner of Labour of the RSFSR that have been awarded.

So, this is not the right answer... :(

The organisation we are looking for is linked to Zhukovsky, but is located close to Moscow, not in Moscow... (another hint... :P ).

Cheers.

Ch.

If no one gives the right answer before tomorrow night, I will be obliged on Saturday to give the answer, and declare this question "unsolved". :rolleyes: ... And I will ahve to find a new one... :speechless:

Come on!! Let's try!!!

Cheers.

Ch.

OK, OK.... :rolleyes:

I'll be more than cooperative with all of you...

A last hint.

I have taken the pic of Zhukovsky last week, on my way to the MAKS Airshow.

This should help... If you read anything previously posted; you should find at least the name of the organisation... And I will declare the first one to find it ... the winner!!!!!!! :jumping::jumping::beer:

Cheers.

Ch.

HET !!!! :P

Ch.

Gentlemen,

let's collect all the hints given by Christophe:

- it's an old institution, established long before the GPW

- it's has devinitly to do with Soviet Airforce and/or aircraft design

- it's not an academy

- it has to do with the great Zhukovsky, because that hughe poster of him is at the wall of the building

- it is located outside of Moscow

- it still exists (maybe another name?) and you can visit it

- it has to do with the great Gagarin

My guess:

- It might be the TsAGI http://www.tsagi.ru/eng/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TsAGI :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Unfortunately, I have no time now to give a complete and extensive answer to the question I asked... :sleep:

Will do it tomorrow...

Meanwhile, Christian is the winner.

Christian , just wait for me to post the answers and you will be able to post the next question!!! :beer:

Cheers.

Ch.

Edited by Christophe