News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Nearly two years ago we tried to identify the owner of this NC bar. At that time there was one name: Konsul Wanner from Stuttgart. But in the meantime I had to learn, that he did not receive the Prussian Crown Order nor the Read Eagle. Two months ago I got the names of all the owners of the Belgian Crown Order, but no name was fitting.

So I try it again, perhaps somebody of you can help me. I still think, the owner must be a medicine, but of course, I am not sure.

Looking forward for your answers!

Kapitular

Guest Rick Research

Well, like I said back then

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2174...anner&st=20

if you've got lists of W?rttembergers with the Belgian and Oldenburg Orders, then post their NAMES here to narrow down the search limits. I still have no way to locate CIVILIANS without names. :(

The point about the BELGIAN award preceding two from OLDENBURG :beer: makes me wonder whether that ribbon is actually from Reuss-- and the Order has been incorrectly replaced?

But that grade of Oldenburg House Order to W?rttembergers must be the sole remaining hope there is to find him now.

The point about the BELGIAN award preceding two from OLDENBURG :beer: makes me wonder whether that ribbon is actually from Reuss-- and the Order has been incorrectly replaced?

Dear Rick,

I examined the bar very carefully and I must say: You are right!!!!! The Belgian order was replaced and the ribbon is from Reu?. Now we can start again and I hope, with this new information we?ll find the owner.

Best regards

Kapitular

Well, like I said back then

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2174...anner&st=20

if you've got lists of W?rttembergers with the Belgian and Oldenburg Orders, then post their NAMES here to narrow down the search limits. I still have no way to locate CIVILIANS without names. :(

But that grade of Oldenburg House Order to W?rttembergers must be the sole remaining hope there is to find him now.

There is no longer service, regular or reserve, or a centennial medal on the bar so I doubt that the person was military. With the RAO and KO plus the 2 red cross awards it is possible to narrown down the list if we have something to start we. The Prussian Ordensliste list the RAO, KO, and Red Cross decorations. But this will only work if the red cross medals are pre-1914.