News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just got around to reframing my ribbons to accomodate recent arrivals.

Only missing one ribbon now, Unterseebootstender Mosel, so if anyone hears of one for sale please let me know .

Hello!

Amazing collection you show us.Please post some photos of the back of the ribbons ? Thanks . :cheers:

All the best

Nesredep

• 1 month later...

Just got around to reframing my ribbons to accomodate recent arrivals.

Only missing one ribbon now, Unterseebootstender Mosel, so if anyone hears of one for sale please let me know .

hi gordon

about the ubootflotille cap tallies,how many there was and in time what do you think is the more difficult and rare to find?i have won on ebay germany,for a nice price i think,151 euros included shipping,"untersebootflotille saltzweder",is it one of the most commom?many thanks

:cheers:

There was only one numbered flotilla ribbon "1. Unterseebootsflotille 1.", plus the six named flotillas so only seven in all. In my experience Emsmann, Wegener and Lohs are the hardest to find/

None of the U-Boat ribbons is common, and Euro 151 is a very good price for the Salzwedel ribbon you got.

hi gordon

about the ubootflotille cap tallies,how many there was and in time what do you think is the more difficult and rare to find?i have won on ebay germany,for a nice price i think,151 euros included shipping,"untersebootflotille saltzweder",is it one of the most commom?many thanks

:cheers:

During the war, the Matrosenm?tze was rarely if ever worn at sea, but before the war, theses caps were actually worn on duty on submarines, not just on shore, so they sometimes would cut the long "tails" on the ribbons to stop them becoming tangled in any of the many pipes, valves etc inside the submarine, so a Matrosenm?tze like this with no "tails" on the ribbon can be quite accurate.

Very nice cap and ribbon anyway. !