News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OTTOOTTOMAN-TURKEY-ORDER-OF-THE-SEVKAT-1-CLASS-STAR

Kev in Deva

Gentlemen :beer:

opinions please,

http://cgi.ebay.com/OTTOMAN-TURKEY-ORDER-O...3%3A2|294%3A200

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hi , nice piece but it is certainly NOT made in Ottoman Empire boundaries. I mean it is not made by Ottoman Mint.

Normally , you can not see this pin on the back of 1st Class Shevkat Orders , the most beautiful examples of 1st Class Shevkat orders , have gold wreath - chaplet on the back. The other's reverse is flat.

If you pay attention on the Tughra , you can see again a wrong - foreign made Tughra.

Usually , the Tughra printed on flat surface in 1st Class Ottoman Shefkats , this one printed on convex surface.

1st Class Shevkats sometimes seen with Neck Ribbon also , this has a beautiful Sash , it is a nice addition.

Generally , in my opinion I can say that it is a nice foreign made example. But I prefer Ottoman Mint Made Shevkats . If we woud be speaking about Medjidie Orders , I can say to you that Foreign made Medjidies such as Rothe , Halley , La Foyalle etc.. are very very beautiful and much more rare and expencive then Ottoman Made ones. But this is not admissible for Shevkat Orders.

All the Best ,

Avsar Ibar

By the way , when I said there must not be a pin on the 1 st Class Shevkat's , I mean it musn't be on the order , of course the 1 st class Shevkat Breast Stars have pin on the back.

Below , I am pasting a photo of an 1 st Class Shevkat Order , perfect Ottoman Made - to compare.

Norok ,

Avsar IBAR

Below from my stock , I wish to share another Shevkat Order with you ,

it is a very important piece , because this is the actual order which was photographed

on the Mr.Metin Erureten 's Ottoman Orders and Medals book page 289. " 3th Class Shevkat Order "

That photo on the book belong to this order.

Below from my stock , I wish to share another Shevkat Order with you ,

it is a very important piece , because this is the actual order which was photographed

on the Mr.Metin Erureten 's Ottoman Orders and Medals book page 289. " 3th Class Shevkat Order "

That photo on the book belong to this order.

Thanks Avsar for the useful info.

Demir

Edited by demir

Dear Terry ,

Thank you very much , everything ok here , I just get your PM , I am pasting the answer here , may be some other friends also

interest.

Terry , the first one in the box is a BB.CO , the box is not original. Later made box. (German Ebay , item number 290284421366)

The second one is a nice piece , Sedlatzek , not common , but not silver , also plated. (German Ebay , item number 190275506611)

Please send me the picture which you want me to translate again. I will try to help you.

Cheers ,

Avsar Ibar

http://www.avsaribar.com