News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Campain medal for combatants 1814-1815

Hello Motorhead,

:love: If they get any better than this, I have not seen it.

That ribbon alone... :jumping:

Best wishes,

Wild Card

However, should you ever want to get ridd of it.....you know who to contact (ME :rolleyes: )

regards

David

PS There should also be an inscription in the Rand ...could you show it?

Edited by David M

Here are some of the men who received the medals-from Knotels' masterly "Uniform" books.

Some of the older officers started their careers during the American revolution as hessian Fahnrichs. One Colonel in 1814 was allegedly at Trenton.

By the way, methinks that this thread should be sent over to Napoleonics.

Hi Ulsterman

Thanks for sharing these beauties! As I recall correctly, at least in 1814 the Garde-Husaren-Escadron stayed at home. I don't know about 1815 though.

I also love the Kn?tel-pictures, especially those of the Hanseatic Legion (both voluntary Husars and the Bremen J?ger)

regards

David

You are right-someone had to guard the Elector as he pillaged the local teenaged female population. :rolleyes:

Ironically, the restored Elector turned out to be a bigger dissipate than King Jerome, who everyone later agreed was hard working, brilliant and brave-and a meritocratic liberal, despite his playboy escapades and gross selfishness.

These medals are fascinating pieces of history.

I read somewhere that many have turned up on the market over the past few decades because the churches where they had been deposited as memorial trophies had sold them off (some had been stolen).