News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW2 Dienstalterslisten and Rangliste

I am going to treat myself to some WW2 German Dienstalterliste and Rangliste.......would like to be able to check up on Heer,SS, Luft and Kreigsmarine officers, welcome your advice as to what lists I should get and are available and what I should I pay (along with what information they will cover) sources would also be welcome, many thanks, Paul

Edited by dante

Guest Rick Research

Eeeg.

Originals are either nonexistent or hideously expensive. Glenn and Chris are working on scanning original army ones, which I hope they will bring out on CDs in 2009. The only Luftwaffe Liste there is (so far) is typewritten that never got to the printer in 1944 that Glenn found. Chris has also turned up a pile of R.A.D. ones that need to be scanned.

There is a reprint 1944 Kriegsmarine DAL you can probably still get from Helmut Weitze, and there were some reprint SS Lists. Back in the 1980s Patzwall printed a 1945 flyers-and-staff only Luftwaffe Captains up and that remains the ONLY one for ranks below Generals that has ever been commercially produced. Same period, there was a reprint of May 1944 army majors up-- all these being REGULAR officers and NO reservists.

Basically, There Simply Aren't Any.

That's why Imperial is "easier" (insane laughter, thunder and lightning, underground organ music....).

Guest Rick Research

The BEST part is--

the wartime army Seniority Lists are not indexed.

SOMEBODY... eventually... will type out hundreds of thousands of entries and hit the magic "alphabetize" key and THEN it will all be magically instantaneous...

but so far ALL the Research Gnomes are fully engaged on the Imperial forces.

We've made more progress in the last 5 years than in the previous 85, and work goes on... but this is a long term task.

Still, all the Gnomes are here at GMIC, so we're "on call!"

• 1 month later...

Eeeg.

Originals are either nonexistent or hideously expensive. Glenn and Chris are working on scanning original army ones, which I hope they will bring out on CDs in 2009. The only Luftwaffe Liste there is (so far) is typewritten that never got to the printer in 1944 that Glenn found. Chris has also turned up a pile of R.A.D. ones that need to be scanned.

There is a reprint 1944 Kriegsmarine DAL you can probably still get from Helmut Weitze, and there were some reprint SS Lists. Back in the 1980s Patzwall printed a 1945 flyers-and-staff only Luftwaffe Captains up and that remains the ONLY one for ranks below Generals that has ever been commercially produced. Same period, there was a reprint of May 1944 army majors up-- all these being REGULAR officers and NO reservists.

Basically, There Simply Aren't Any. :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

That's why Imperial is "easier" (insane laughter, thunder and lightning, underground organ music....).

Will these CDs the be made available for purchase?

Guest Rick Research

Glenn has already released the Luftwaffe 1944 CD-- see the "Books & CDs For Sale" section.

And check there every so often to see if and when the army ones come out-- I've seen them and am still trying to talk Glenn into using them for tropical retirement real estate!

The ranklists that were published in the 1950's by Poznan not overly useful. The one on Luftwaffe Generals that was done in the 50's is unhelpful. The Kriegsmarine did do ranklists in the 30's and 40's but they sell for over 50 euros. I have the 1936, 1938, 1944 Navy Ranklists in PDF format on CD for 40 euros. If you want one just PM me. Again keep in mind that any ranklists fromt he 1930's and 40's DO NOT contain awards.

Edited by Paul C

The ranklists that were published in the 1950's by Poznan not overly useful

Not sure that I would agree with that Paul. Everything is useful and podzun did reproduce some very worthwhile stuff including the 38/39 Stellenbesetzung and the 1944 Dienstaltersliste T & S.

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Glenn J

• 3 years later...

To all who may be interested

Finally I have good news for You. After months of hard work I can now announce that most of the Name Registers to the DAL are ready. Until now I could make :

a) all Hptm./Rittm. from DAL T Stand 1.5.44 (same complete style like in Keilig´s Rangliste/DAL 1.5.44) (ca. 4,5 MB) 50 €

b) all Obersten down to Hptm. from DAL 1.5.43 incl. San., Vet. u. W-Offz. (but intentionally without Gen. and OL. & LT.), in the same complete style like above.(ca. 8,5 MB) 100 €

c) all Obersten down to Hptm. from DAL 1.5.41 (but intentionally without Gen.), but this in a simple style (ca. 0,6 MB) 10 €

d) I am now just working (I made about the half) on the Name Register of DAL 1.5.40, and here too all Obersten down to Hptm. (and intention. without Gen.), this in a simple style like above). I guess it´ll be finished in August.......

e) it remains to be made the Name Register from DAL. 1.5.42 and I plan to make it in September.......

Who is interested to buy my Name Registers, which have cost me so many work hours (each Name, each line handwritten/typed in Computer and all checked), must sign before a Copy-Right declaration

Thanks + Regards, Rossano