News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bosnian medal

Iver

Guest Rick Research

The Wound Medal is marked "1918" on the rim? Where?

I have an original trifold ribbon for the 1909 Bosnia, but nooooooo medal. :( :cheers:

Hallo Iver, :beer: nice items :jumping::jumping:

I have an original trifold ribbon for the 1909 Bosnia, but nooooooo medal. :(:cheers:

And just by chance I have the medal and no ribbon :( Boo Hoo!

Kevin in Deva. :lol:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

Oh, I don't think THAT is likely to be a permanent situation. :catjava: I've only had it for about 35 years without finding one of the medals.... :rolleyes:

Rick: 1918 is on the left side, behind the head of emperor Karl (in position VIII hours :D ). Have another one in my collection, for 2 wounds marked HMA 1918 (Haupt Munz Amt)... marked behind emperors head too, but in position IX hours...

Kev: a friend has one original trifold ribbon, but I am not sure if he wants to give it away, but I caan ask...

Edited by Iver

Hello,

just a short note about the "HMA" mark struck on the rim of the "Laeso Militi" medal.

It doesn't mean "Heeres Material Amt", but "Haupt M?nz-Amt"; the name of the State Mint.

The "Bosnisch-Erzegovinische Erinnerungsmedaille" is a fine medal, rarer than one would think. The piece shown here still retains its original matt-gilt finish.

Honestly, I don't think it's a private-purchase piece, but -better- an award one.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Guest Rick Research

Thanks-- I will have to dig out my Karl Wound and LOOK at the edge! :cheers:

I had a Troop Cross once with a microscopic gold-filled Schneider Brothers Vienna mark-- the upsdie down playing cards "clubs" clover they used with tiny tiny TINY BSW inside the leaves. I only noticed that from the gold paint highlight.

Elmar Lang: of course it?s Haupt Munz Amt, I apologize for dezinformation...

As far as i know, awarded bosnian medals were made in dark bronze, private purchased pieces were gild...

Looking at the rims of my two Wound Medals I notice the following marks

located in the same places on the rim of both medals:-

Medal 1.

1918. at 9 o'clock rim position.

and

W&A. located at the 3 o'clock rim position.

Medal 2:-

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Cca 2.800 awards, but 17 of them were awarded to woman! - 4 official doctors in cities Bihać, Mostar, Sarajevo and Donji Tuzla, rest of them were directors and teachers of three higher girl schools in Sarajevo, Mostar and Banja Luka....

Hi all,

reading this interesting topic I would like to show a picture of my medal, last year found by a well know dealer; I think in really good condition, so I bought the medal ASAP.

Where is the difference between private purchased medals and give by officials?

regards

westfale

Edited by westfale

Looking at the rims of my two Wound Medals I notice the following marks

located in the same places on the rim of both medals:-

Medal 1.

and

Medal 2:-

Kevin,

Thanks to your excellent photos I was able to find the same markings on my wound medal. They are not anyway near as clear as your but certainly are in the same locations. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Regards,

Gordon

I would also be interested in the differences between official issued Bosnian-Herzegovinian Commemorative Medal and the private purchase ones.

In their book "imperial and royal MILITARY COAT 1914" Dmytro Adamenko and Oleg Yarosz say that the medal was established in 1909, and that over 3000 were made with approximately 2800 being issued.

Interesting to note the awards to women. What was the criteria for being awarded this medal?

Regards,

Gordon

Kevin,

Thanks to your excellent photos I was able to find the same markings on my wound medal. They are not anyway near as clear as your but certainly are in the same locations. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Regards,

Gordon

Your welcome Gordon, thanks to a new camera I got for Christmas :love: I was able to do this.

Medal was awarded to all land and muncipal officials in Bosna and Herzegovina, officers and military officials of XV. army corps, officials and serviants of K.u.K. Ministry of Finance and K.u.K.joint Ministry of Finance for affairs of Bosna and Herzegovina, who were to date 5.10.1909 in duty (so no reservists!)..

Awarded bosnian medals were made in dark bronze, private purchased pieces were gild... But thats only my opinion, maybe Elmar Lang will know more... ?

Edited by Iver

• 1 year later...