News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

noncombat medalbar with war ribbon

....that`s not the problem to get this combination - but it is very rare and some of the bars with this combination are 100% new made... it is the so called

iron cross on combattants ribbon for home service

this one was given out on the combattant ribbon but it was not for combattant action.... you can proof one of these only in combination with a honour cross without swords or with the award document - there were only the small number of a bit over 1700 of these awarded - nothing against the 5 millions (or billions in english) iron crosses on the regular combattant ribbon.....

I thought it was @ 6,700 awarded?

This combination seems plausable but unlikely.

It would make me think Baden Landwehr/Landsturm Bttn. Major somewhere in Poland or the Ukraine. Every Baden war merit cross doc. I have ever seen was either to somebody delivering a letter, driving a train, guarding a warehouse or sitting somewhere in the eastern occupied territories. Note no LS medal.

Hmmmm... what other types of people got the Baden merit cross?

Edited by Ulsterman

Actually, a HK is more indicative of how much combat one saw than an EK.

A Military policeman or military railway worker working 300 km from the front, but in occupied territory who got an EK for good service would have gotten a black ribbon EK2.... and a HK without swords.

White ribboned EKs were for service inside the German borders... SERVICE outside the borders was black ribboned.

White/black ribbons were not only geographic apparently-but also, job-related.

Interesting black/white combo with HKx doc. set on Niemann today. From what I can tell that Korvettkapitan never left Kiel and got the two combat awards as well as a slew of other decorations-staff signal Abt. commander.

That's a subject for another thread.

Edited by Ulsterman

Hmmmm... what other types of people got the Baden merit cross?

Please, please, never again ask that question. The answer is: any. Most to the people you are listing, but I have seen them to a Pour le Mertie winning officer. To civil doctors. Still not sure if they were given to women...

Back to the bar: the combination seems okay, would be even typical with a Baden XV - but the sewing does not looks good.

For the KVK? No, there's no published list. I'm not sure if there is a complete roll in the archives... but that are several thousand awards (don't have any numbers but guess 10 to 30k), most to unidentifiable people... don't know if this is one of the more usefull lists to do... anyway, it would be a quite interresting one to say the least...

:unsure: