News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This arrived today, a nice Luftwaffe non-com medal and ribbon bar set! :blush: Unfortunately the eagle has been taken off the medal bar... :violent: but you can see whare it was and that it was a luftwaffe eagle, also the ribbon bar confirms this!

Let me know what you think! :cheers:

Pierce

I don't know.

I'd love to have it "in hand".

The rarer the piece/combo the greater the likelihood of it being fabricated as a "collectors edition".

Here you have somebody who merited a noncom EK2, was in uniform (which makes this one of only 3,000 or so EK2s) but not in combat in WW1. Yet by all indications he was in @ 1916+ and then got recalled in 1937 or so-and merited only a 4 year LS Luftwaffe medal (not enough time in by 1939/40 to have had the 12 year LS: most Sudenten medals were actually handed out to people in the beginning of 1939-making this bar MINIMUM from the Spring of '39-40).

Note there is no KvKx, which one might expect of a post 1940 bar.

A native Hamburger?

A clever young gas technician/chemist working on Zepplins? An accountant? A chemist/pharmacist? A really good mechanic? Someone invalided out early who did vital war work?

The Luftwaffe certainly pulled in many odd technical types upon rearmament., so it sort of fits the bars' "story".

I think its very intriguing.

Edited by Ulsterman

I don't know.

I'd love to have it "in hand".

The rarer the piece/combo the greater the likelihood of it being fabricated as a "collectors edition".

Here you have somebody who merited a noncom EK2, was in uniform (which makes this one of only 3,000 or so EK2s) but not in combat in WW1. Yet by all indications he was in @ 1916+ and then got recalled in 1937 or so-and merited only a 4 year LS Luftwaffe medal (not enough time in by 1939/40 to have had the 12 year LS: most Sudenten medals were actually handed out to people in the beginning of 1939-making this bar MINIMUM from the Spring of '39-40).

Note there is no KvKx, which one might expect of a post 1940 bar.

A native Hamburger?

A clever young gas technician/chemist working on Zepplins? An accountant? A chemist/pharmacist? A really good mechanic? Someone invalided out early who did vital war work?

The Luftwaffe certainly pulled in many odd technical types upon rearmament., so it sort of fits the bars' "story".

I think its very intriguing.

Wow, thanks ulsterman. I think it's great how you guys can tell so much about a bar from just looking at it. :cheers:

Pierce

• 2 weeks later...