News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice Soldier With Badges Portrait Oct 1964

Post 24: Is there an inscription on the back? Mine - cant find it right now - was an award in 1955 for a sporting event with the MT. I think these were produced for awards within the organization.

Post 25: This is for another of the obscure organizations wich from what I can tell was the Engineering / Architecture organization. The only information was a plack in the display of the "Junk Shop" about a year ago. The plack was from an engineering and architectural school in Sopron (? if memory has not faded too much).

Re photo: when I first got it I thought that it too was a SZIT photo - but then when I found an MT belt buckle I was able to confirm that it was not SZIT but indeed MT.

Charles,

Unfortunately, I do not have the medal in post 24 just the picture. I did pick up two pin back badges today with the same motif but not cut out. They have both had the pins resoldered. One looks like an old solder job the other a newer one. Got them from the old guy who likes to "invent" badges so who knows what I have! Bought them because the price was right and there wasn't any sign that they had been mounted differently in the past. They are of slightly different size. They look like the insignia on the end of the collar tab that you posted a picture of but much too big for that. I'll take pictures tomorrow when the light is better.

Also got a medal similar to post 25 but with a ribbon that obviously does not belong to it. Another old man "fabrication" but interesting. I'll post a picture of it as well. I didn't mind paying the old man the small amount he asked for it. A more interesting medal than most of the other fakes that were for sale in the room.

Thanks for the info in your post. Always nice to find something a little different for a change.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Ok, here we are with the two pin back badges. The large one measures 3.4cm (1 5/16") and the smaller one 2.8cm

(1 1/4").

Regards,

Gordon

Interesting pieces - I think the smaller one is a cpa badge - but without ever seeing a cap (except haning on the coat rack in my photo) its hard to say. The larger one looks to be from the belt buckle - but agian not sure. Keep hunting the flea markets and a booklet may turn up...

When I found the SZIT booklet and the few other items - I had no idea how little survived from these organizations. Kids move on an upwards and most of the items are in Hungarian land fills I am sure...