News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Christophe-- I can't read the gigantic blurry ink-- it works better at a size where it is all visible at once on the screen.

The Oberstleutnant is wearing uniform of Artillery Regiment 4, which fits with his Saxon "grand slam" ofSt henry, Merit Order X, and Albert Order X. The 2nd ribbon I can't tell if it is a HOH3X with no crown or a KVK2X, and the 6th riobbon appears to be a W?rttemberg Friedrichs Order X. IF that is "Rolf" that may be a clue to his identity. If not, will have to work from his awards and the rank.

Ahhh... there I was being so magical about the ribbon bar and there he is with his MEDALS! :cheeky:

Edited by Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! :banger::angry:

It is PROBABLY Bauer-- he had SH3, SV3X, SA3bX, WF3aX. BUT there is absolutely no FREAKING way to sort him out from "Bauer" any more than a Schmidt or a M?ller. :banger::banger::banger:

There was a Major (E) 01.08.35 #22 Bauer in January 1939 at Wehrbezirkskommando Freiburg i/Sachsen (Wehrkries Roman numeral on his medal bar photo?) who was PROBABLY the artillery Oberst (S) 01.04.42 #207 shown in May 1944 as Commander of Wehrbezirkskommando Chemnitz II

but there is absolutely no way to definitively PROVE that, due to that DAMNABLE omission of first names.

Thanks Rick for the info. First time I see this photo I thought he belonged to IR Nr. 105. But after reading Saxon rolls, I found only 45 officers name who received the SH3. No one with Rolf and I found one name ; Kurt Renner. That's all.

About the second unknown name here is the photo :

Thanks Rick for the info. First time I see this photo I thought he belonged to IR Nr. 105. But after reading Saxon rolls, I found only 45 officers name who received the SH3. No one with Rolf and I found one name ; Kurt Renner. That's all.

About the second unknown name here is the photo :

like I posted above - the writting reads: "Our Duke's family'

Edited by Naxos

For me the date in the edia link is wrong. Carl Eduard received the SH3 in March, the 1st 1915. The others importants Ernestine orders aren't here on his uniforms. so the photo is from 1915, to my opinion :rolleyes:

Christophe

Thanks for the link

For me the date in the edia link is wrong. Carl Eduard received the SH3 in March, the 1st 1915. The others importants Ernestine orders aren't here on his uniforms. so the photo is from 1915, to my opinion :rolleyes:

Christophe

Thanks for the link

Christophe, the best way to date the photo - find out the birth-years of the children

More pictures: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category...otha?uselang=de

He reminds me of Freddie Mercury

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2009/post-1062-1235086024.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2009/post-1062-1235086076.jpg

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Guest Rick Research

Bauer (whichever Bauer he was) was promoted Oberstleutnant (E) 01.04.40 #136, agreeing with the 1941 date. He shows Wehrbezirkskommando Chemnitz I as assignment... must have been "mit der Uniform" of FAR 4.