News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This Armelabzeichen der MG-Scharfschutzen-Formationen just arrived today, and as it's the first one I've ever seen live, I'd like a little reassurance. it feels good, and when I opened the package I got a good whiff of old wool, but it never hurts to ask.

I'm glad some of you folks can authenticate these. I thought the front/wool all looked really good, but tthat back stamp always gives me pause as that's used so extensively on the re-pops. With so much bad stuff floating around these days I tend to probably miss some good pieces on a regular basis.... I guess I just err to caution. Kinda sad.

It's a nice piece Tom and has "the look" of righteousness about it.

All,

Here is my example. It was taken off of a tunic, so the condition is not the best. It is a Juncker piece. Of interest is that when it was taken apart to put on the tunic, the backing plate was put back on upsidedown. You can also see the ghost of where the badge originally was impressed into the cloth. When it was put back together on the tunic, there was no way (or care) to match the original holes where the prongs went through in the wool, thus the misalignment. Along with this badge, I received the owner's dogtag, Milit?rpa? and a small diary. The owner had an interesting history, having been in the following MG units, 2.M.G.Ss.Komp.d.M.G.Ss.Abt.33, Ers.Geb.M.G.Abt.Nr.4, Geb.M.G.Abt.Nr.254, Geb.M.G.Abt.201.

Chip

Edited by Chip