News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Jim's EK Collection

Jim R

I am busy packing my things to return to the U.S. and thought I would take a picture of my EK collection, which includes EKI cased and Screwbacks, EKIIs, Schinkels, Round 3, and EKI and EKII spanges and other related EK items. In this collection I have a rare EKI envelope by Deumer (I was told that there are only five known). The cased EKII are marked L/11 both on box and cross. Jim

• 4 weeks later...

I am busy packing my things to return to the U.S. and thought I would take a picture of my EK collection, which includes EKI cased and Screwbacks, EKIIs, Schinkels, Round 3, and EKI and EKII spanges and other related EK items. In this collection I have a rare EKI envelope by Deumer (I was told that there are only five known). The cased EKII are marked L/11 both on box and cross. Jim

Hi,Jim! Nice displays of EK!!!

Impressive photos :cheers: :cheers:

Nice display you have there Jim!

May I ask you...how did you figure out attaching medals with ribbon to the display case? Did you use pins or did you sew them? I'm just creating my own display case and looking for a harmless method of attaching the medals. I found two problems with pins and sewing - pins allow me to move the medal whenever I want to but are damaging the ribbon leaving a permanent hole. Sewing with a transparent thread attaches all the medals firmly but changing their position afterwards is hell not talking about 4-5 permanent holes in the ribbon.

Any ideas are welcome and appreciated!

Nice display you have there Jim!

May I ask you...how did you figure out attaching medals with ribbon to the display case? Did you use pins or did you sew them? I'm just creating my own display case and looking for a harmless method of attaching the medals. I found two problems with pins and sewing - pins allow me to move the medal whenever I want to but are damaging the ribbon leaving a permanent hole. Sewing with a transparent thread attaches all the medals firmly but changing their position afterwards is hell not talking about 4-5 permanent holes in the ribbon.

Any ideas are welcome and appreciated!

I haven't attached anything. All of my displays are lay down type. I have contemplated what to do to keep them from moving, but don't have an answer yet. When I get back to the states and more time I will take a serious look at it then. Jim