News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Stern 1. Klasse des koning. Preussen- Wilhelm II

How good would the "Expertise" with ink stamped "Die Orden-Sammlung"

and a scribbled signature be as a legal reference

does it have the Dealers Full Name, Address, phone number etc..etc.. on the rear?

In case of a legal case with regards the authenticity of the object.

Kevin in Deva. :D

Guest Rick Research

That would have been the notorious late Dr. K-G Klietmann or his widow, Back In The Day. I've never seen what he handed out as "expertise" back in the 1960s

when they were busily churning out first generation high end fakes off the original dies.

Now, Once Upon A time, the late but unlamented Herr Doktor DID do the work of the angels. In the 1950s and early 1960s he produced prodigious research monographs. He then fell-- if he had ever been far from the shadow-- into the Dark Side and spent the rest of his life selling fakes. We "owe" him, almost single-handed, for the ongoing growth industry in "variations" of the WW2 "German Order"-- one of his early fantasy cons. :speechless:

While individual items may certainly be good, the SOURCE is enough to poison any consideration of real money changing hands.

I know of no other business with this name.

Wasn?t there a connection of Klietmann to GODET via his wife? The star above is not of the well known Wagner style. In my opinion the hook and some other details are made in the way of GODET stars.

Best regards, Komtur.

That would have been the notorious late Dr. K-G Klietmann or his widow, Back In The Day. I've never seen what he handed out as "expertise" back in the 1960s

when they were busily churning out first generation high end fakes off the original dies.

Now, Once Upon A time, the late but unlamented Herr Doktor DID do the work of the angels. In the 1950s and early 1960s he produced prodigious research monographs. He then fell-- if he had ever been far from the shadow-- into the Dark Side and spent the rest of his life selling fakes. We "owe" him, almost single-handed, for the ongoing growth industry in "variations" of the WW2 "German Order"-- one of his early fantasy cons. :speechless:

While individual items may certainly be good, the SOURCE is enough to poison any consideration of real money changing hands.

I know of no other business with this name.

Doesn't that also include a plethora of Oaks, and Oaks and Swords to the RK, which I understand were bashed out in the 1970's from the original dies still owned by the Godet enterprise??, given the fact that they are from "original" dies, does that make them original or not?? they are original but not pre 1945, who would pay the 18000+USD for a set of? these trinkets without any provenance, and how do you prove provenance?,?

Alex K