News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is it him?! (solved: Major Otto Koenemann)

I'm having this picture for some years now and recently wanted to check who it is. The reverse gives a dedication and year, 1910, and my closest rank list is 1909. It's a Hauptmann in Train-Bataillon 11 with PrRAO4, BdZL3bE, Prussian 1897 and Baden 1902 medal. The rank list lists a Major Vogel with PrRAO4, BdZL3bE and PrXXV. What do you think, might it be him?

:rolleyes:

post-1172-1235692754.jpg

post-1172-1235692760.jpg

Edited by saschaw

Well, the picture could be taken one or two years before the dedication, when he might not yet have the DAK. Those things do happen, I have this with others! But you're right, I was playing tricks on you. Sorry for that...

:cheers:

The reverse dedication is hard to read but his almost illegible name is anything but "Vogel". I tried to read while comparing to the rank list's name index and found him: Koenemann from IR 112, in 1913 Major z.D. Landwehrbezirk Marburg. Awards match and that illegible has to be that name.

And if there wouldn't be his name on back I would have been pretty sure it is Vogel on a slightly elderly photo yet without his XXV...

post-1172-1235731855.jpg

Edited by saschaw

Sascha Sascha............. ts ts ts........ :shame: if you want to play tricks go to Uri on Pro 7 :rolleyes:

Koenemann came from 4.Badisches Infanterie Regiment Prinz Wilhelm Nr.112

in 1914 he is still in Landwehrbezirk Marburg as Bezirksoffizier - now he has the 25 years cross - and he is Major z.D. now

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Heiko, thanks Naxos. It has to be Koenemann as there was no Koenermann.

It is definately Koenemann, the 'e' are written flat, the confusion is common (I had some very strange name's in the beginning of my S?tterlin tries as well.

regards

David

• saschaw changed the title to Is it him?! (solved: Major Otto Koenemann)