News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chris,

Prior to 1907, I believe all of the Bavarian infantry regiments wore red straps. With the adoption of the new uniforms, the piping colors representing the prewar strap colors were changed for Bavarian infantry units. The pipings began to be color coded by army corps, so that the straps from the I.b.A.K. had white piping (and underlay), II.b.A.K. had red piping and the III.b.A.K. had yellow piping.

To confuse things a little further, the same is true of the Bavarian field artillery units, that is, pre-war - all red straps, after 1907 - corps colors. Since the Bavarian FAR did not use the flaming bomb device on their boards, there are many similarities with the infantry.

So, your #9 officer boards could be infantry or artillery! With red underlay they could date anywhere from 1888-1915

The Prussian boards are most likely from the Fu?artillerie Rgt. Nr.6. All foot artillery boards were white on the Dunkelblau tunic. There was no Garde Gren.Rgt.Nr.6. They could be a post 1915 pair for the Friedensuniform, but don't really look like that to me. So I guess if they were M15s for the Friendsuniform, they could be Gren.Rgt.Nr.6 or some other reserve infantry unit.

Chip