News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Admiral КИРЕЕВ С Л visor Cap

Gentlemen,

Earlier this year I purchased a named Soviet Admiral's hat whiel in Vienna. The cap is named in two places. Hand written inside the sweat band and on the card board band used on the cap band section of the hat by whoever made it. If any one has any info they can provide on this Admiral it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gordon

Guest Rick Research

Unfasten one side of the chinstrap and see if you can wiggle the side button to se what year date is on it. Looks like aluminum center device on the cap badge, suggesting a 1970s+ piece. Having a date might help place him. I have the book on WW2 admirals but that's it.

Unfasten one side of the chinstrap and see if you can wiggle the side button to se what year date is on it. Looks like aluminum center device on the cap badge, suggesting a 1970s+ piece. Having a date might help place him. I have the book on WW2 admirals but that's it.

Rick,

Thanks for the suggestion. The cap buttons are dated 1973. The letters on the back of the button are fairly clear except for the last one and here is what they appear to be МОСШТАМ? Hopefully someone can shed some light on the original owner of this cap.

Regards,

Gordon

Guest Rick Research

Mosshtamp made all the buttons for the Soviet military, seemingly. 1973 is a good clue for WHEN to look.

• 3 weeks later...