News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Magyar ?rdemrend k?z?pkeresztje

KDVR

Hi?

1) It's the Hungarian Royal ORDER of Merit, 1922-1944.

2) Officer class

3) Original IMHO

4) I paid ?360.00 for mine (I Think) EDIT, just checked my records, paid ?260.00

Hope this helps,

regards

Alex K

Here's mine

Edited by Alex K

KDVR -

In my opinion I would seriously reconsider the originality of this one. Alkex K's is a nice textbook. The finish to the reverse is odd and seems a bit crude. The wreath is also very narrow and the enamel does not exhibit characteristics that I would expect after all this time. Thie pin also looks rather "clunky'. There is a big demand for these item and there have been rumors of these reproductions being manufactured. I would pass on this one in my opinion.

• 2 months later...
    Saw one a couple of weeks ago in the Rome flea market...the vendor said it came out of Hungary recently and "resembled" the 1991 Hungarian Order of Merit officer badge except for the center and reverse medallion........ l'm no expert in this area but wonder about the dealer's comment! On the other hand, this example has champeleve work under the center enamel [some current made examples do not have the champeleve work] and the green enamel edging appears wider than on the Rome example.