News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Qadissiyat Saddam Sword Medal

This item is part of a deal that I recently concluded. This award was given to identified members of the Iraqi Armed Forces for bravery during the Iraq-Iran war. I believe it to be scarce and do not know of many in existence.

Very very nice, I need one as well, please keep your eyes open for me for one of these beauties, I will pay $100.00 more then what you paid for it.

Thank You

Lorenzo

Guest Rick Research

Yup, sure sucked being an unjustly persecuted genocidal dictatorship back in the days when dimwitted Chamberlainites wouldn't just roll over for them. Still stewing over that like an out of work perimeter guard at Maidanek, tch tch. :beer:

But to return from pining for the Happy Days Of Saddam & His Boys

it looks like this is quality jewellers' work, which being paired with an equally impressive presentation blade (if possible would like to see one please) suggested no expense would have been spared.

Any information on numbers awarded and type of recipient (real soldiers or High Command generals?) would be interesting as well.

Without the fawning http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2009/post-160-1236909275.jpgnostalgia for the glorious days of that fun-loving fellow in the beret, of course.

Is it made out of actual gold?

I have been following the comments on the Sword of Al Qadissiyah so I would like to post some information that I have on the Decoration.

I took Lorenzo's advice and wrote an article for the JOMSA magazine on the Sword of Al Qadissiyah in November of 2008 so it should be out sometime this year. I have an Decoration like the one posted here at GMIC only mine is on the OMSA website since April 2008. My Decoration was purchased in September 2007 from my friend in Iraq.

The Decoration is a gold plated metal and the stone is an imitation one. It is not known how many were awarded as the information was classified at that time and it wasn't a good idea to be asking too many questions. Many of the official buildings were looted after the fall of Saddam so who knows what happened to the records.

Bob

• 2 months later...
    Guest IMHF

Man I am kicking my self in the butt for this one, I had a chance to get one of these in Iraq in o5-o6 tour, didn't have no idea what it was. They had one at the Bazzar at FOB Liberty!!!!!!!!

Man I really want one>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :violent:

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

I have been following the comments on the Sword of Al Qadissiyah so I would like to post some information that I have on the Decoration.

I took Lorenzo's advice and wrote an article for the JOMSA magazine on the Sword of Al Qadissiyah in November of 2008 so it should be out sometime this year. I have an Decoration like the one posted here at GMIC only mine is on the OMSA website since April 2008. My Decoration was purchased in September 2007 from my friend in Iraq.

The Decoration is a gold plated metal and the stone is an imitation one. It is not known how many were awarded as the information was classified at that time and it wasn't a good idea to be asking too many questions. Many of the official buildings were looted after the fall of Saddam so who knows what happened to the records.

Bob

Bob

I look forward to reading your artical in the JOMSA can't wait.............!!!!!!!!!

Lorenzo

I heard through the grapevine that Wilkinson of London actually made Swords of Honour that were presented with this piece.

Does anyone know if they have any records of these swords?

Guest IMHF

I heard through the grapevine that Wilkinson of London actually made Swords of Honour that were presented with this piece.

Does anyone know if they have any records of these swords?

I belive most of the Swords of the Republic of Iraq were manufactured in Germay:

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

I would love to know who manufactured the sword used in the Order: Here is a picture of the beautiful sword:

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

The sword illustrated is the sword awarded for the liberation of Al Fao and not the Qadiisiyah Saddamm sword. I would suggest that there are three swords - probably all of the same design and manufacture, but bearing different inscriptions:

Qadissiyah Saddam for the Iraq-Iran War and part of the 1980s overhaul of the Iraqi honours system.

The Liberation of Al Fao sword - specific to this particular action during the Iraq-Iran war. (Another one off award was the "Key of Liberation of Basra" - awarded in at least two classes and cast from the smelted weapons iof Iraqi martyrs!)

The Um Al Marek (Mother of Battle) sword instituited in 1991 and replacing the Qadissiyah Saddam sword - same decree as that replacing the Order of Qadissiyah Saddam by the Order of Mother of Battle.

It is possible (probable) that Will's jewelled breast badge is the medallic representation of all three of these swords., however the suspension bar/clasp states "Sword of Qadissiyah Saddam" and thus is specific to the first sword. The example I have is also gilded base metal. Lorenzo's photograph of the chain of 1980's awards has the badge second only to the Rafidain.

Regards,

Owain.

Edited by oamotme