News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 Certificate to a Baden Man

hi

Picked this up recently as I was after the EK2(marked 935 which I wanted) also came with a silver Baden medal.

I have real problem reading this style of writing and would appreciate some help please.

Can someone confirm the regiment and his name. also, any ideas as to the signature?

thank you

andy

thank you

any ideas as to his name please and regiment?

cheers

andy

Need a better scan of the stamp.

I can read: k.b. (k?niglich-bayerisches) Reserve Regiment but the number I cannot make out.

hi

Picked this up recently as I was after the EK2(marked 935 which I wanted) also came with a silver Baden medal.

I have real problem reading this style of writing and would appreciate some help please.

Can someone confirm the regiment and his name. also, any ideas as to the signature?

thank you

andy

Vorlaufiger Ausweiss

(Preliminary Announcement/Notification)

Auf Allerhoechsten Befehl

(By supreme order of)

Seiner Majestaet des Kaisers und Koenings

(their majesty the emperor and the king)

ist dem Infanterie Akt. Herzhauser Johann

(is the reserve-infantryman Johann Herzhauser)

den

Eiserne Kreuz zweiter Klasse

(with the Iron Cross 2nd class)

verliehen worden.

(awarded.)

Im Felde den 13. Mai 1918

(In the field on May 13, 1918)

signed by

Oberst und Regiments-Kommandeur

(Colonel and Commander of Regiment)

The surname of that colonel was starting with 'von' i think. Try diggin' in WW1 archives for his full name.

Hope my translation makes sense to you :)

It looks like the Oberst's name is von Bram. I am intrigued by the description Jnft. Akt. I assume the abbreviations means Infanterist Aktiv, but I have never seen it expressed that way. Has anyone seen this before?

Chip

It looks like the Oberst's name is von Bram. I am intrigued by the description Jnft. Akt. I assume the abbreviations means Infanterist Aktiv, but I have never seen it expressed that way. Has anyone seen this before?

Chip

Hi,

I have this on another doc I can remember offhand. By coincidence also an infantryman in a bavarian Reserve Regiment.

Guest Rick Research

Yup. Charakterisiert Generalmajor aD Alfons Ritter von Bram (1865-1951) received the Military Max Joseph Order-Knight with nominal date of 1 July 1916 BUT he was actually appointed to the Order (and received personal nobility as "Ritter von" having until then been plain Alfons Bram) on 25 September 1917. Nobility paperwork came through 27 November 1917.

He commanded Bavarian RIR 8 until it was dissolved on 2 August 1918 due to casualties. A hard earned EK2 and a very lucky fellow if he actually survived.

I've never seen the rank designated that way either.