News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cross 1st class St Anne - reverse picture

PAVEL

Here is the reverse of the order

Pavel

Pavel,

I smell a bare tailed brown coloured rodent. The suspension ring has a 1908-17 kokoshnik, Julius was court supplier of Orders from 1862 until his death in 1882. therefore one would expect to see the St Petersburg hall mark as used prior to 1898, occaisionaqlly but not always dated. The size is inconsistent with any official Russian production and the enamel colouring does not look quite right. It looks like the work of the North German school, which I believe source from Russia. Many a German collection which I have handled has been bedevilled with these works, which to the untutored can seem plausable but when placed under detailed scrutiny fail to measure up. What you also have to realise is that in the 50's and 60's there were still people who worked on the production of Imperial Orders alive and well and who still possessed the skills and some of the copies (which are extremely dangerous) are composite combining genuine elements with faked elements (a bit like the furnniture trade where one wormed Jacobean table can make eight new ones). I would certainly avoid this piece like the plague.

Paul

• 8 months later...

That´s my St. Anna Order.

I have aso the miniatur.

Heinz -was this with the St. Stan and the minis you show on another thread? Did you get them together from the recipient family, or once removed?

If so, nice set! Congrats!

Did you get them together from the recipient family, or once removed?

Hi Claudius,

Excuse my bad english but I don´t understood clearly what do you mean

Anyway I´ll tell you about it.

This orders were gained by the great grandfather of my grandfather, who wrote in 1965 (in a Family Chronik) about it:

As you see , he related about a visit of Czar Nicholas I to Bavaria in 1838, and the concession of the St. Stanislaus … but nothing about the St. Anna, maybe he didn´t know it. Is it possible to search about it in Germany ?

Regards

Hi Claudius,

Excuse my bad english but I don´t understood clearly what do you mean

Anyway I´ll tell you about it.

This orders were gained by the great grandfather of my grandfather, who wrote in 1965 (in a Family Chronik) about it:

As you see , he related about a visit of Czar Nicholas I to Bavaria in 1838, and the concession of the St. Stanislaus … but nothing about the St. Anna, maybe he didn´t know it. Is it possible to search about it in Germany ?

Regards

Hallo Heinz;

You are correct. I did not communicate very well. However, you did answer my question. That is wonderful that these are family items and you have a Family Chronicle that mention the circustances surrounding the St. Stan award.

He did not mention the St. Anna; Perhaps the awarding of the St. Anna was not as momentous like the visit of Czar Nicholas I was.

Again, you have some very nice family heirlooms.