News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This one just sailed into port today.

I really like my Tombak piece by Schwerin, but it has definitely "been there" and although that's one of the reasons I like it so much, I've been looking around for a Tombak piece in really good condition and this one finally came up.

It has spent the last 60+ years pinned through the leather of an SA belt, along with other naval badges which were placed there by the Vet who brought them back as a souvenir of his service.

The level of gilt finish still remaining is superb, and although it can't really be seen on these scans, the edge of the eagles wing, the swas and the binding to the base of the wreath are all burnished.

A real "sleeper"

That is a nice looking badge Gordon.As you mentioned,i bet the scans do not do the badge credit.I have a couple of these "Junckers" with the polished highlights and they are certainly nicer looking in hand.

Regards,Martin.

Really nice badge Gordon. It made me dig my Juncker out and take a closer look as I had never really noticed the burnish of the swastika, binding and wing edge. Low and behold it was there on mine as well and quite visible even though I hadn't noticed.

Richard