News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ghosts of the past

Hi all,

Kim emailed this link over to me this morning thinking the Soviet section and GMIC members in general might be intro'd. I'm posting it in the "Then and Now" section as well. But felt since it's got a definite Soviet connection it should be here too.

http://fima-psuchopadt.livejournal.com/2564781.html

Wish I had a translated version but regardless the photos are terrific. A merging of two times and two worlds. Great stuff! Of course as a historian I tend to see things this way anyway... I know many if not most of you understand. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Fantastic!

The closest thing that I have seen to this is Tony Le Tissier?s book ?Berlin Then and Now?; but the way that these pictures

are superimposed really conveys a certain feeling. On the occasions when I have been fortunate enough to visit places

such as St. Petersburg, Volgograd and Berlin, I have tried to visualize such pictures. Personally, when in such places I find

it sad that few, if any, of the other people around me have any idea, muchless appreciation, as to the historical events and

sacrifices that took place right where they stand.

Hauptman, if possible, could you please pass thanks on to the thread and person responsible for these pictures from an

anonymous American history student.

Thank you, :beer:

Wild Card