News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two Czechoslovakian Warsaw Pact War Games Shields

Gentlemen,

Picked up these two little items over the last couple of weeks and they make an interesting comparison of the quality of the early badges versus the later ones. They are for the Shiled 72 Exercise and the Shiled 84 Exercise. The 1972 badge is quite heavy and maker marked on the back. The 1984 badge is made of some very light materil with no markings on it.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Very nice. Somewhere around the house I have a copy of a M.I. brief on the 1972 exercise. Will have to see if I can find it,

Bryan

Bryan,

I'd be interested in seeing what the brief says. What I have found on the internet indicates the 1972 exercise was not held in Czechoslovakia and that makes me wonder why they producd a badge. The other possibility is that the info I found was not correct. Perhaps your brief wil resolve that. I would like to have a history of all the exercises to go withall of the different badges.

Regards,

Gordon

• 6 months later...

there is also a blue type of the shield 1984,airforce???? sometimes i can pick it up in the czech rep but always higher priced than the red type

have asked severall sellers why is this blue but not really a answer

• 3 months later...

Here's a pass to a 1984 Warsaw Pact War Games issued to a Bulgarian. I wonder if this is the same event... the matching badge is one of the few pieces missing from the group and i have passed over a number of the Czech badges for 1984 as I was told by another member that the badge for these games should look just like the image on the pass!

Perhaps he was mistaken!?? Also, I have seen the 1984 badge in several different quality ranges!