News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello everybody,

here is another nice photo with a very interresting ribbon bar.

I can't read the name, but it is probably Gustave Reich

Her received the HHO3X, WMVO3, WF3aX, BZ3bX mi El, ?M3K.

Many thanks to help me to id it correctly.

Christophe

Focus on ribbon bar. I can't id clearly the 6th ribbon. First I thought to Hamburg Hanseaten cross but Gustav Reich never received it. Then I thought to Silesian Eagle 2nd class. But why it is before the Austrian ribbon ?

Christophe

Maybe the tailor has not the good wreath at this time. I have seen several times wrong swords to illustrate some Austrian Military Merit medal with war decoration. Like always, after the WW1, each officers has done what they want againt regulations :violent:

Christophe

The back of the card

Christophe

Christophe. I believe the man's name is Pape or Papa (not sure on Heinz - scratchy writing - need Research Ricky's input)

"Meinem verehrten Herrn Divisionskommandeur in Dankbarkeit und Treue gewidmet von Pape ?"

Edited by Naxos

Hi Naxos,

I can't find one Pape with WMV3. And nobody with this name appeared in the Krause's book, Nicht W?rttemberger Ausz an Wutg 1914-1918.

Christophe

It could read "Papa" as well - the other name is just scribble, perhaps it reads "Papa GReich" (G and R written in one swoop) like I said scribble, frustrating :banger:

Edited by Naxos

Guest Rick Research

Papa = nickname, of course.

Horrid handwriting.

Reich would have been 68 in 1942. Got to be him from the KNOWN combination... just no clue what the "extra" was. Remember-- not everything made it into the Perosnal Nachrichten.

You'd have to ask the W?rttemberg archives for his service record.