News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help request with Soviet Plaque?

I picked this up at the weekend and am wondering if any of our Soviet collectors can help me with an identification.

The insignia is mounted on a red felt backed wooden board which measures 8 x 4 inches and I believe that the top insignia is the standard cap badge and collar insignia for a motorised rifle regiment? ( any help or corrections appreciated!)

Could anyone tell me what the large bottom medallion refers to please? I was wondering if it refered to a specific place or barracks or maybe its unrelated and just a mismatch for the greedy collector like me! By the way it cost me 75p so hopefully its at least worth that!

Hi Coldstream,

The bottom medaillon refers to :

* Seal of the USSR and its 15 Republics.

* Symbolic views of the Kremlin of Moscow : walls, towers, State Kremlin Palace, Kremlin Palace... and, maybe in the background, the Cosmos hotel with the Air/Space Monument...

Hope this helps...

Cheers.

Ch.