News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Researcher for 1860s soldier

Can anyone recommend a researcher to help a non-collector? He's trying to get service papers on an ancestor who served in the British Army in the 1860's (in India).

I think all of my contacts have retired to the Home for Aged Researchers.

If he was British Army, yes. If he was Indian Army you'll need to go to the India Office Records (now at the British Library). So many don't understand the difference.

Researchers? There must be some, but I don't have names. The two bodies of records are separate, very different, and call for similar but yet distinct research skills and strategies. A researcher who can work one place may well be lost in the other one, so it might be good to seek out a two-trick pony?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Jeff,

If your looking for a British Soldier then I can recommend getting in contact with Kevin Asplin. I have used him many times to obtain service records for me of Victorian Era soldiers.

He has a very good website here http://www.britishmedals.us/kevin/aboutkevin.html

He can be contacted by email at KevinAsplin@aol.com

Give him a try.

Mike

Edited by Mike Huxley