News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Miniatures - prototypes or moulds?

Look like moulds, but which size are they? I hope no one is thinking about that even miniatures, "How many repros could someone take it from there". :shame:

Regards,

Dolfek.

Look like moulds, but which size are they? I hope no one is thinking about that even miniatures, "How many repros could someone take it from there". :shame:

Regards,

Dolfek.

Hi Dolfek,

Interesting point. :cheers:

They have the same size as miniatures. I think that these are really moulds, the question is was made by IKOM for their purposes or somebody else has made it? :unsure:

Who knows.

lg. w

If you look at Order for Military Merits 1st cl. and Order of the War Flag you will find two pieces. The smaller piece is by no mean a mould. It leads me to the conclusion that maybe these are models for moulds?

Is this theory plausible? :unsure:

lg w.

So we?re not looking at the front & back of strikings of the Order of National Liberation?

One item is showing the front & is flat on the other side, the other shows the reverse & is flat on the other side?

The Order of The War Flag & The Order for Military Merit 1st class to me look as if they are the hollow diestruck award with separate diestruck centre pieces.

To me, you attache the things together, plate them with coloured metals & enamels & you have the miniature award itself?

• 2 months later...

If you look at Order for Military Merits 1st cl. and Order of the War Flag you will find two pieces. The smaller piece is by no mean a mould. It leads me to the conclusion that maybe these are models for moulds?

Is this theory plausible? unsure.gif

lg w.

I think this is the best explanation. The upped ones are probably "patrix" (the opposite of "matrix"), and the deeped ones are matrix (molds). The concentric circles are from some kind of sanding/grinding machine or lathe, and those won't be used if these are unfinished miniatures. Is the material hard or soft?

An unfinished medal which has been die struck & now needs to be finished off?

Are'nt these medals with that "ball" suspender current fake?

Assuming that it's a full sized medal.

Are there really fakes of bravery medals - yugoslav type?!:o This seems ridiculus as there are tones of original ones and those without ribbon/suspension can be found in heaps for a couple of euros a piece. Some guys saved hundreds of unfinished ones (= without ribbons) from scarp metal depot.

• 4 months later...