News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My favourite early K?d?r uniforms

Bazsi,

A very nice tunic. The modifications made most probably in 1958 are easy to spot, the shoulder straps have round ends(the original 1949M enlisted tunics used to have almost rectangular ends), the collar devices are from different material, and also the small buttons are different (1957M instead of 1949M).

According to the sources many thousands (I don't remember precisely, but I think 3.000 or 5.000 was the number) of 1949M enlisted uniforms remained in the depots of the army after the introduction of the 1950/51M enlisted uniform. It seems they were not destroyed, and were re-introduced with minor modifications after 1957.

Regards, Sandor

1955/1957M tankist (allowed) visor cap

Bazsi,

I do not have this cap in my reference material. Would you provide some more information about this cap please. Is it white or light grey? Your designation of 1955/57 would indicate to me that this is a model 1955 cap modified to 1957 regulations. Would please explain the differences bewteen this cap as a model 1955 and as a 1957 model. By (allowed) do you mean that hits cap is a private purchase cap?

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon,

Yes, it is a 1955M cap modified to 1958 regulations (my 1957M designation was not punctual, because the 1957M caps were made of brown material as 1951M caps).

The allowed term refers to the white part of the cap, it is a private made cap (probably by offical tailors) for the white allowed tunic. The main difference between 1955M and 1958M is the inner side (the material of the lining). It is a romboid structure in 1955M version.

The visor is plastic made in model 1958, before 1958 it was made by leather.

The modification was only the badge change in 1958.

Regards,

Bazsi

Gordon,

I'm sorry to forgot the chin strap. Yes, it remained, just the buttons were changed. I have another allowed 1955/1958M cap with the same characteristics.

Regards,

Bazsi

Charles,

The Museum of Military History has two officer's wool tunics without waistcut. I was wrong, the lack of waistcut is not an indication for enlisted. If you could make some pics from inside that would be great although, as officer's wool tunics have a different inside than enlisted tunics.

Regards, Sandor